More Officers Needed At The Front - Volunteer Today!!

It is VERY possible I will need several officers to replace their fallen comrades at the front in the Wild Bill Tourney, the Nordic Championship, and the Nordic Wannabee Tournament.

Your task will be daunting. You will immediately take up anywhere from five to seven PBEM battles. You will take command at the point your predecessor was killed, captured, or determined to be MIA. In most cases this is about 1/4 into the battle. Do you have what it takes to assume command in the heat of combat?

The ideal candidate will have a nice chunk of time he can devote to CM PBEM each day. Anybody can volunteer for combat duty. Newbies are welcome. If you are interested post here. Be sure you provide a valid email address if your profile does not include same.

Before you volunteer for combat duty ask yourself if you have the time to process one turn per day for each of FIVE battles. This is a rather large commitment. Think about it first, please. If you have what it takes (TIME), post here. Volunteers will be accepted in the order of their post to this thread. Do not email me or you will not get your "number".

You will be transported to your line unit within 48 hours, after a full briefing by me. Take this opportunity to go where the Iron Crosses grow!!

Treeburst155 out.

Hi Michael,

No, the Invitational is not dead in the water. There are ten people still involved and several games going on right now. It does move at a very slow pace however. This "no hurry" feature was a part of the tourney description.

Players have passed the halfway point on average, with several very near finishing. The prize for the Invitational is some of WineCape's best wines. At least one has won a major award.

It's about time for me to write to players to assess their plans regarding the Invitational. I think a few may have gone completely inactive. I'm a little surprised at this because of the nice prize and the zero time pressure.

Xerxes,

My second confirmed opening is yours. I'm giving the MIAs until late this evening (GMT -6)to respond to emails I've sent them. However, I'm almost positive I will be able to transfer you to the front shortly. I'll be in touch. Thanks!!

A1steaks,

You are only eligible to play in the Wild Bill tournament since the Nordic Championship is identical to the tourney you are in. I'll call you up if I don't get enough response here. Thanks for volunteering!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>

Treeburst,

I just finished another game at the ROW. 4 down, 3 to go, and coming fast (except the Ted thing).

If you need volunteers for the Nordic tournament, I am game. I have plenty of time these two weeks, after that I am limited to 4 or 5 turns a week.

Bertram

Sgt. Gold,

I'll put you on the list with a1Steaks and Bertram. You are only eligible for the Wild Bill tournament, like a1Steaks. Thanks for volunteering.

Frenchy,

Unless you can keep up quite a turnaround rate when you're home, the eleven days you will be gone in January could slow you down too much. I'll put you on the list, but you might want to think about it some more. Thanks for volunteering for combat duty.

To all,

I think I have enough volunteers at this point. Feel free to post if you would like to be on the replacement list however. Who knows what the future holds.

I will be preparing transfer orders (to the front) for some of you later tonight. All leaves and R&R are cancelled until that time. :D

Treeburst155 out.

Fate,

You have been tranferred to the front! You will be fighting in the Nordic Championship. Your opponents have been informed and will be sending you game files for battles in progress. I will send you briefings, passwords, email addresses of your opponents, etc., within 24 hours. Welcome to the Nordic Championship!

Treeburst155 out.

Xerxes orders have been changed by higher command (his wife). :D He will remain at his current duty station. The replacement commander for "Wild Bill's Rumblings Of War" will be "Pixelmaster". Welcome aboard Pixelmaster! Your files and instructions are on the way. Pack your gear cuz your headin' for the front!!

Treeburst155 out.

[ 12-27-2001: Message edited by: Treeburst155 ]</p>