SOTW... Beda Fomm Spoiler Alert

Shep

Hi,

Sorry to raise a dead horse but just came across this looking for info on the scenario I am just playing with a mate.

He got the Brits I got the Italians. Both playing it double blind.

I would not recommend this for two player play unless it states that the Italians are on a hiding to nothing.

The use of Maltildas by the British (sore subject ;) ) means that the Italians are hard pushed to defeat them. The Italian crews being Green mean you can not engage in a long range shooting war. (Found this out too late :( )

I would imagine this is best suited as Italians against the British AI.

I would also like to suggest this might be worth a revisit and change the scenario so it becomes an attempt to exit forces (Italians) not an attempt to hold ground. I think this would then make an excellent game for HTH play.

The map IMO is very good and with a bit of tweaking this Scenario could become a stonker of a game for HTH play.

Pretty good as it is for Italian vs AI play if you ignore the aspects of the forces etc...

Many thanks Rune for your work and as always I am happy to explain further in a positive and constructive manner.

Cheers

H

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPOILERS below!

I enjoyed this scenario very much! smile.gif

I thought my Italians could win the battle until the Mathildas came...

Scheiss_Mathilda3.JPG

..the only penetrating hits were at 8m through the side armour and at 5m through the rear armour of the leading Mathilda (At the end of the battle, I checked it's kill score, it destroyed 5x 75mm portees, 5x M13/40s and caused 22 infantry casualities...), but the beast just rolled on and smashed another two M 13/40s...

I got a tactical victory in the end, 64 : 36 ...

Axis

386 soldiers O.K.

55 casualities

16 KIAs

26 vehicles destroyed

Allies

127 soldiers O.K.

189 casualities

56 KIAs

61 POWs

29 vehicles destroyed

Did anyone destroy a Mathilda with M 13/40s in this sceanrio ?

Greetings, Sven

[ January 16, 2004, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Trommelfeuer ]

Determinant will be overjoyed to hear that I currently have a Beda Fomm scenario in testing, and can mail it to him first when it is done if required.

Unfortunately there are absolutely no Australians included, or matildas, 2 RTR is attacking the Pimple from the right direction, the weather is correct, and the topography is as near as possible.

[Edit] Unsuprisingly rather than this nonsense where the Italians don't stand a chance as per above, this time it's the Brits who are up against it as a few cruisers try to delay 10th Army virtually single handed, a bit like history really.

[ January 16, 2004, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Pheasant Plucker ]

Originally posted by Pheasant Plucker:

Determinant will be overjoyed to hear that I currently have a Beda Fomm scenario in testing, and I can mail it to him first when it is done if required. -snip-

My dear fellow, well done. Sadly these days I can hardly ever describe myself as overjoyed. Middle age will do that to a man. But I am very pleased to hear that you are writing a historically correct BF scenario.

There will always, I hope, be a place for scenarios that try to portray the horror and pity of war as it really is.

Please do mail me your completed scenario when it is ready. I am only sorry that I did not make the cut for the test team. Good luck with it.

Originally posted by Pheasant Plucker:

Determinant will be overjoyed to hear that I currently have a Beda Fomm scenario in testing, and can mail it to him first when it is done if required.

Unfortunately there are absolutely no Australians included, or matildas, 2 RTR is attacking the Pimple from the right direction, the weather is correct, and the topography is as near as possible.

[Edit] Unsuprisingly rather than this nonsense where the Italians don't stand a chance as per above, this time it's the Brits who are up against it as a few cruisers try to delay 10th Army virtually single handed, a bit like history really.

Me too, please. E-mail addy is in my profile.

I gotta see this one after all the discussion!

:cool:

Michael