why no German 37mm antitank gun?

I have mostly been playing as the Americans, I just switched to the Germans to give my opponents a break, and during selection of my units I do not find a 37mm antitank gun in the support units? Seems odd. Wasn't that the most common antitank gun for all armies at the beginning of WWII? Wouldn't there still be some around? (Also, why no AT Rifles? These were used a lot on the Eastern Front by the Russians, so were they not included becuase they were not used that much on the Western Front in the late war period?) Happy New Year everyone.

------------------

"You, you, and you, panic... the rest, come with me!"

By mid 44 the pak37 and the ATR were obsolete. Sure there may have been a few on the west front in 44 but I think production had been stopped several years before on the the pak37 and probably 4 years before on the ATR. If any were used they were probably used by 2nd line troops in a limited capacity. O.T.: I saw a Boys ATR for sale at a gunstore in town here( Along with other WWII mg's). the receiver had been cut so it was just a show piece and its date was 1939.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CATguy:

O.T.: I saw a Boys ATR for sale at a gunstore in town here( Along with other WWII mg's). the receiver had been cut so it was just a show piece and its date was 1939. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is "in-town" and how much were they askin'? A large number of Bren carrier owners would love one to complete their kit.

------------------

Is "patheti-sad" a word?

15,000 Pak36 were produced and they were progressively replaced in front line service by heavier equipment as it became available. Despite their obsolescence they remained in use until the end of the War.

Their absence from the game has long baffled me particularily in light of the development of the Stielgranate 41 hollow charge bomb. This was a large finned hollow charge projectile slipped over the barrel and fired to an effective range of 300m. Capable of penetrating 180mm. They were used in Normandy with some effect where the terrain and consequent short engagement ranges favoured them.

In oly two words....

In late war the uses of AT rifles and At 37mm guns (also 47mm/50mm) were substantially vanish against modern units and in that period (44/45) the main AT weapons were Panzerfausts, Panzershrecks, 88 Puppchen and 75mm AT Pak40 gun and At Pak 43/44 88mm gun....