Young CM players

Man, I wish my father was as supportive of my hobbies as you are to your son. My old man thinks all games (he actually compares CM to things like Super Mario, which was the first video game game I ever played at about 8 years old) are a great waste of time. Of course, the fact that I also read a lot and do good in school helps him stand my gaming habits. Too bad we don't see eye to eye, a game like CM could do wonders for father-son bonds.

Keep at it, Warren!

You know what's funny? My cat likes to either jump up on the back of my chair or hop onto the bookshelf behind me to watch me when I'm playing Combat Mission. He hasn't done this with any other games so far, and I've only been playing CM for a couple weeks so I don't know if it's just a new habit. I thought it was pretty funny, though. At least my cat has good taste in video games, lol! :D

Danzig, that's pretty funny. I was cat sitting for my neighbor for a few days. I was trying to play CM and the cat kept jumping up on my keyboard. I guess he thought he could do a better job handling the German "cats" than what I was doing (he was probably right too!).

My six year old son too enjoys CM. However, he's more interested in seeing vehicles destroyed (doesn't matter which side). His goal is to wipe out all vehicles, his or the AI's as quickly as possible. As such, his "tactics" can be quite unconventional. :D

Being Florida born, he also likes the snow scenarios. ;)

Once my cat walked into my room while I was in the middle of a CM match (must have wanted something...hmm...why was it holding its food bowl?). I turned up the sound real loud while zooming in on a 155mm arty barrage.

The cat folded it's ears back and ran off as if the dogs of hell were at it's tail!

Know it's not kid related but...

Cats must like CM. I too have a cat that watches my every move when plotting a turn in CM. The sounds don't bother her one bit, as she is usually sleeping right next to the speakers. She also likes to get in front of the monitor and bat at the lines as I am trying to plan a turn. :rolleyes:

I heard about someone who was writing computer games for pets. Looks like BTS beat them to market.

[ 08-22-2001: Message edited by: sitzkrieg ]

My 2 year old brother loves watching me play. He sits on my lap and waves to the TC's in the tanks. He also says "bye, bye" to them while waving. Ofcousre it's not to healthy for a 2 year old but a few min of this aint going to hurt him.

It's funny to see his expression when the TC he is waving to get blown apart. He says "man, be be (as in hurt)". Plus he also says "bum bum" anytime he sees a tank.

If we play out side or something the only way to get him inside the house with out screaming and dragging him in, is to tell him I'll show him "bum, bum" (as in tanks, CM). He suddenly rushes to the door and to my room waiting for me to show him so cool tanks and explosions.

My 7 year old plays as often as he can, And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't thrilled about it. There are worse things he could be doing with his time. He's never played a game online before, but I suppose it's time he learned. Heck as a matter of fact I have yet to enjoy this game online.

hi Yank:

If you think your son might be interested, E-mail me. To be honest, we do limit Ben's CM as we would prefer him to be outside running around. Still, I was thinking a turn a night by E-mail would be kind of fun for him and he could have his first cyber friend.

E-mail me if interested.