What if CM was not available for the Mac?

I was reading some old reviews of CM in Mac games websites and I started wondering what things would be like if CM was not available for the Mac.

I for one would never have had the pleasure of playing this game, and my last year would have been quite a bit duller (Although I'd probably have gotten some more fresh air and sunshine...).

Also I think that CM would not look the way it looks today, as in my rough estimate at least half of all modders use Macs. Not bad for a group that probably only makes up less than 20% of BTS's customers.

Some of these other companies that make moddable games would do well to have their games available on the Mac also, it's for their benefit. ;)

Gyrene

I can think in two things:

1 - I wouldn't purchased my G4 for replace my lousies PCs, which I did when the Full Demo come.

2 - I will have purchased my G4, and used it in a productive way, making a lot of money in the last two years...

Umh...

I have to think on it...

I'm on a MAC and this is the BEST game of ANY computer game I have ever played.

I am sincerely greatful that it is TOTALLY cross platform and that I can play SEAMLESSLY against PC users both in e-mail and via TCP/IP

Thanks to Steve and Charles for the choice to offer both versions on ONE disk and to make it so seamlessly cross platform!!

smile.gif

-tom w

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: aka_tom_w ]</p>

For most companies that produce Mac and PC versions of Games, Mac sales represent 20% or less of sales in recent years, but the cost to service Mac customers (how much money do you spend on customer service) is about 10% per Mac customer compared to PC customers, meaning the company makes more money per user on the product. This magnifies the presence of the Mac players in the profit picture, at least until Microsoft stabilizes its OS production and puts more money into OS QC (although XP looks real good from the gamer standpoint).

I agree. My Windows friends and I have enjoyed many e-mail, Internet, and LAN games of CM.

CM remains one of the last remaining reasons for me to re-boot my Mac into OS9 once in a while. I'm looking forward to BTS having the time to work on an OSX version.

Toad

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>

I am sincerely greatful that it is TOTALLY cross platform and that I can play SEAMLESSLY against PC users both in e-mail and via TCP/IP

<hr></blockquote>

:( Sigh this Macfest just isnt the same without Maximus smile.gif

I actually met one of our esteemed Battlefront game makers at Macworld Boston

(It was Steve, He was showing his game Onslaught )

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]</p>