Crouching Tiger, Hidden Peng Challenge

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

The problem is that POTA was released before CMBB, and therefore would not benefit from the improved modelling of machinegun teams. Depending on the organisation of the apes, the machineguns would be aiming either at the centre of the entire mass, or at individual apes. Therefore they could not hope to lay down any kind of effective suppression fire, let alone wound or kill any significant number of the apes. If Burton had waited a few more months, he would have benefited from faster target switching, not to mention fire lanes and grazing fire (yes I know they're the same thing).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't be a-bringin' that fancy talk crappola in here, boy!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Lucky for the Human race they had Mark Wahleberg and not Joe Shaw, as the big fat TRP under the ape army would've been useless without the LOS Joeneeds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hey pal, I don't NEED an LOS ... I can quit anytime I want to.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

Lucky for the Human race they had Mark Wahleberg and not Joe Shaw, as the big fat TRP under the ape army would've been useless without the LOS Joeneeds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm still smarting from the unfair and cowardly whuppin; I suffered at the paws of Herr Shaw. Maybe I should challenge him again.

And hey, all you Minnesotans - I got my transfer approved and my move date to MPLS is set for 9/9, so stock up on canned goods and jugs of fresh water.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm still smarting from the unfair and cowardly whuppin; I suffered at the paws of Herr Shaw. Maybe I should challenge him again.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I agree, you were cowardly but I wouldn't describe your play as unfair ... unwise, uncoordinated, unclear, but not unfair.

Challenge away you pathetic little person, I have too many games going now BUT I did promise you another loss, uh, I mean game.

Joe

Lorak once again The Whuppin' Boy has bludgeoned Leo the kinniget of insipid ineptness. In another blood bath my superior tactical genius has proven itself. Please chalk up the following…

DekeFentle Major Alied Victory (79)

Leo Another spanking from one who knows how. (21)

That's four in a row from the lurking serf of PENG. Another debacle is about to start. I have chosen to play the Axis aggressor to your Polish High Quality??? defenders. I see five in a row just over the horizon.

When the Whuppin' boy speaks, gather round and hearken well. Pain is humanities most eloquent mentor.

Deke the Fentlator has hacked the game, I say!! Either that or he has mastered the vagaries of pixelated generic (pun intended you slack-jawed niblet gnawing nincompoops(SEE! There's an evil contagion of alliteration that spreads from playing that plagiarizing pile of poofery)engineering, for he has managed in each of our past 4 games to have TRP's permanently emblazoned upon each of my pixelated Samurai. Fentle is the lowest of the low, the gamiest of game, the Bast of Bastiches, and I spit thricely in his general direction. FEH!

Speaking of which, for those who have seen the film, did it cross anyone elses mind that just before the big battle scene, when the ape army is approaching the ruins that all the humans needed was a couple of HMG teams and maybe a King Tiger with its honking great gun and them pesky apes would have been toast.

Or maybe a Stuka?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would they stop for a bunch of bananas?

Mace

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Would they stop for a bunch of bananas?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Oh fine Mace, no sooner does MadMatt lay down the law about not offending ANYBODY about ANYTHING and you have to go and play the banana card.

Jerk!

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Oh fine Mace, no sooner does MadMatt lay down the law about not offending ANYBODY about ANYTHING and you have to go and play the banana card.

Jerk!

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ook ook!!

Yessir, we have no bananas!

Gentles All! (SSNs may close their eyes now as you are not worthy to gaze upon this work of art)

I bring to you a masterful bit of poetry from our own fair Dame Emma, found lanquishing in the General Forum

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>A is for Amber....... and also.....

Aberfeldy

Aberlour

Allt-a-bhainn

An Cnoc

Ardbeg.......... I like this one...

Ardmore

Arran

Auchentoshan

Auchriosk

Aultmore

B is for bottles big and small.......

Balblair...... and this.....

Balmenach

Balvenie (The Balvenie)

Banff

Ben Nevis

Ben Wyvis

Benriach

Benrinnes

Benromach

Bladnoch

Blair Athol

Bowmore

Brackla (Royal Brackla)

Braes of Glenlivet

Braeval

Brora

Bruichladdich

Bunnhabhain

C is for \_/> (((((Cheers)))))

Caol Ila

Caperdonich

Cardhu

Century of Malts

Clynelish

Cnoc Dhubh

Coleburn

Convalmore

Cradle Mountain

Cragganmore

Craigellachie

Craiglodge

Croftengea

D is for Dimple in that famous bottle.....

Da Mhile

Dailuaine

Dallas Dhu

Dalmore (The Dalmore)

Dalwhinnie.......... and this

Deanston

Dram Select

Drumguish

Dufftown

E is for Emma....... :))))

Edradour

F is for flavoUr

Fettercairn

Finlaggan

G is for Glass........

Glen Albyn

Glen Breton

Glen Deveron

Glen Douglas

Glen Elgin

Glen Esk

Glen Flagler

Glen Garioch

Glen Grant

Glen Keith

Glen Mhor

Glen Moray

Glen Ord

Glen Rothes

Glen Scotia

Glen Spey

Glenallachie

Glenburgie

Glencadam

Glencraig

Glendronach

Glendullan

Glenesk

Glenfarclas

Glenfiddich

Glenglassaugh

Glengoyne

Glengyle

Glenkinchie

Glenlivet (The Glenlivet)

Glenlochy

Glenlossie

Glenmorangie...... Arghhhhhhhhhhh

Glenora

Glenordie

Glenugie

Glenury Royal

Glentauchers

Glenturret

H is for Heather.......

Hazelburn

Highland Park

Hillside

I is for ISLAY.......

Imperial

Inchgower

Inchmoan

Inchmurrin

Inverarity

Inverleven

Isle of Arran...... you gotta visit here...

Isle of Jura

J is for Jock...... :)

Jura

K is for Kilt...........

Kenloch

Killyloch

Kinclaith

Kininvie

Knockando

Knockdhu

L is for Luscious........

Ladyburn

Lagavulin... more arghhhhhhhhhh

Lammerlaw

Laphroaig... Double ARghhhhhhhhh

Ledaig (Tobermory)

Linkwood

Linlithgow

Lismore

Littlemill

Loch Dhu

Lochindaal

Loch Lomond

Lochnagar (Royal Lochnagar)

Lochside

Longmorn

Longrow

M is for Malt

Macallan (The Macallan)

Macduff

Macphail's

McClelland's

Mannochmore

Michel Couvreur

Millburn

Miltonduff

Mortlach

Mosstowie

Muir of Ord

N is for Nectar..........

North Port

O is for Ohhhhh my god tis heaven.......

Oban....... Don't go home without visiting

Old Ferrercairn

The Old Man of Hoy

Old Pulteney

Old Rhosdhu

Ord

P is for Peat........

Pittyvaich

Poit Dhubh

Port Ellen

Prime Malt

Prince of Wales

Pulteney

R is for Rustic.....

Rosebank

Royal Brackla

Royal Lochnagar

S is for Scotch.........

St George

St Magdalene

Scapa

Singleton (The Singleton)

Speyburn

Speyside

Springbank

Strathisla

Strathmill

T is for Tipple........

Talisker

Tamdhu

Tamnavulin

Teaninich

Tobermory

Tomatin

Tomintoul

Tormore

Tullibardine

V is for Vintage..........

Vintage Campbeltown

Vintage Highland

Vintage Islay........ *HEAVEN*

Vintage Lowland

Vintage Mull

Vintage Orkney

W is for Whisky....

There are many others to be tried......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And here I thought she only drank that swill the French call wine

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Oh fine Mace, no sooner does MadMatt lay down the law about not offending ANYBODY about ANYTHING and you have to go and play the banana card.

Jerk!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That does it Mace, I have never been so offended in my life.

Well, thats not quite true but for the purposes of this rant it will suffice.

You know that bananas are the spiritual centerpoint of Australian culture, and their name should not be uttered in vain, much like Jehovah.

If I weren't already punching your chubby little eyes out in that bocage schmozzell, I'd have to give you a good bitch slapping.

Speakin' o' bocage shamozzles....deye owe mae a turrrn, ye bandy legged lint sniffer?

An' fer tha bleedin' obvious - Ah'm talkin' tae yoo Jimmy!

Och fer cryin' oot loud - YOO Stukanukapukapants - deye owe mae a feckin' turrrn? Ah thank ye doo laddie.

SirMacOberGruppenBloodyStompinSicFeuhrerBastardABCDJimmy

I'll just ignore the bigoted views of some of my collegues regarding bunches of bananas and instead indicate that no other than the Prime Minister of Australia, the Right Honorable John Howard is now posting to this very bulletin board.

He is obviously here to thank me for my services to Australia with the award of not less than the Order of Australia, in recognition of my victory over the forces of not-niceness, led my the most vile of the not-nice...SIR OGSF!!!!

Lorak, rack this up:

Mace (nice): 74

Sir OGSF..ABCD..WXYZ (not nice): 26

An Allied Major Victory!

I have a short speech prepared for this occassion:

*AHEM*

'With this award, I would like to thank my opponent for bunching up most of his infantry, and parading around in plain view of my 155mm FOs.

I would also like to thank him for moving his sole Panther over the crest of a steep hill while my Sherman waited on the reverse slope.

This victory would not have been possible without him!

Thankewe'

Mace

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Mace ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You know that bananas are the spiritual centerpoint of Australian culture, and their name should not be uttered in vain, much like Jehovah.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Suddenly, a loud crack is heard and huge boulder is seen to rock, topple and then begin to fall down the slope DIRECTLY TOWARD STUKA! With every passing moment it gains momentum and speed, crashing through the low, stunted growths that pass for trees in Australia. Stuka stands with mouth agape, his typical pose, but appears not to understand his impending doom. The rock takes one final leap over a bank of earth and with a might SPLATTTTT! lands directly atop the stunned and unmoving Stuka! The crowd stands hushed as a small Stuka hand, apparently still alive, emerges from beneath the huge stone. From atop the hill a small voice is heard, " 'E said Jehovah!"

Joe

[ 08-27-2001: Message edited by: Joe Shaw ]

That does it Mace, I have never been so offended in my life.

You know that bananas are the spiritual centerpoint of Australian culture...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn, and here I always thought it was a Coca-Cola bottle.

All that money wasted on a college education...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

I bring to you a masterful bit of poetry from our own fair Dame Emma, found lanquishing in the General Forum

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

C is for Cragganmore - Good, although a bit mild for my taste.

D is for Dalwhinnie - Very nice, with a bit of a bite to it.

Two down and four to go...

I note with approval that none of the current crop of CessPoolers are to be involved in the disgusting WILD BILL RUMBLINGS of WAR Tourney being promoted on the outerboard. It is possible, I suppose, that one or more DID sign up but were wise enough to use aliases.

HOWEVER ... I ALSO note that Jar O' P*ss, {alleged} squire to MrSpkr DID attempt to join the tourney only to be turned down flat. No doubt his answer to the questions posed i.e. "Describe what, in your opinion, was the most critical function of women in WW2. Provide illustrations and diagrams to support your thesis." had something to do with the decision to include him OUT ... "Oh WOW, man, like ya know, the babes in WW2 were like REALLY hot, ya know, like look at this picture dude."

However his failure should in no way diminish the fact that HE TRIED TO JOIN THE TOURNEY ... and under his own name. Any respectable CessPooler who had ... these urges ... come over him would saunter over looking casual, dressed in a long overcoat with a hat pulled low over their eyes and register under a name like "Ima Psuedonym". They would NOT beg, plead and whine for a position in the tourney, send countless messages requesting updates and then finally post the following in response to the news that they had NOT been selected: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>NUTS!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Not only does that have a groggly flavor to it, but it is just unseemly.

Why do I bring this up? I believe that Lorak must CAREFULLY examine the cirriculum vitea of young Jar O' P*ss before he decides to make him squire to MrSpkr, in fact MrSpkr may well wish to withdraw his offer in the face of this damning evidence.

Joe

No need for that, now Joe, the lad is young and there is time to correct his errant ways.

I do wonder why Sir Marlow of all people not only joined the tournament, but was accepted amongst the grogsters? Obviously, he feared repercussions from the Poolers - why else would he apply under his *GASP* REAL LIFE name?!?

Sir Shaw, an investigation may be in order . . .

Does he have an excuse (i.e., is FREE BOOZE involved in this travesty), or is he simply becoming GROGGY?!