Zipped and not firing

I made the mistake of sending a half track out to do some terrorizing while zipped -- I targeted and it accepted but neglected to mention that he could not fire due to being zipped. What vechiles are incapable of firing while zipped. It's rather laborious to try this one and then that in order to figure things out.

Thanx

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Splash:

I made the mistake of sending a half track out to do some terrorizing while zipped -- I targeted and it accepted but neglected to mention that he could not fire due to being zipped. What vechiles are incapable of firing while zipped. It's rather laborious to try this one and then that in order to figure things out.

Thanx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zipped???

I thought all military garb was buttoned...

Be careful about that kind of planned terrorizing. Even if beginning its jaunt unbuttoned, if your HT takes heavy fire it may button up, and at that point it's a big Energizer Bunny target for every HMG team and heavy weapon (AT or AA guns) on the map.

Maybe not the exact answer to your question, but I'll give you a bit of a rant on the British Wasp and being buttoned/unbuttoned. You *always* want to leave it buttoned, since it is able to flame in the buttoned state. However, if the commander is unbuttoned and gets killed, the Wasp goes buttoned with a crew casualty and is unable to fire the flamethrower for the rest of the battle, leaving you with a slightly less than useful vehicle.

Buttoned vehicles can't fire the flexible MG. This means the .50 cal on American tanks, the .30 cal on American halftracks, and suchlike. German halftracks can fire the MG whilst buttoned because they have a gun shield. German SP guns such as the StuG and Hetzer can fire the flexible MG whilst buttoned because they have remote control. Err... so it looks like the Germans have the upper hand as buttoning goes. It's not really relevant to British vehicles because the tanks don't have flexible MGs and the carrier MGs are internal.