wittmann scenario for CMAK

I think it's a waste of time trying to simulate the Villers-Bocage incident. In CMBO, the designer had to go into contortions to shoehorn this battle into the CM system. First of all, Wittman surpised the elements of the 7th Armored Div outside their tanks taking tea. This cannot be simulated in CM. Also, in order to give the Germans a shooting chance, the decision was made to degrade the Brits, who, as the Desert Rats of NA fame, should be Veterans, down to Conscript. A total joke.

Save your time. Wait for the engine rewrite when guns and AFVs will have detachable crews.

I think you're totally missing the point. That scenario is a fun piece of instant action, not some uptight tactical situation. The point is about spreading as much destruction with the one Tiger you initially have, and the original scenario succeeded in this. To me it was one of the most fun and also irritating CMBO scenarios that I more than any other scenario.

Originally posted by PeterX:

In CMBO, the designer had to go into contortions to shoehorn this battle into the CM system. First of all, Wittman surpised the elements of the 7th Armored Div outside their tanks taking tea. This cannot be simulated in CM. Also, in order to give the Germans a shooting chance, the decision was made to degrade the Brits, who, as the Desert Rats of NA fame, should be Veterans, down to Conscript. A total joke.

Save your time. Wait for the engine rewrite when guns and AFVs will have detachable crews.

I think that the designer had every right to show the British tank crews as conscript. How did they react? Once the Tiger was seen and the tanks were crewed did they get him or did they act like conscripts? Surprise is a powerful thing. It can turn some men weak at the knees and others to lions.

You are right about the constraints of the CM system. Plus, not every scenario is for everybody. There are plenty of scenarios to choose from without having to play those you disagree with.

Panther Commander