Please everyone look at this

I'm keeping an eye on Dressler. Trying to cheat by saying you were from Little Rock and Jvordan har du det. You are this close to joining Dandelion as being from Iraq. ;) So Moneymaxx if I may make a suggestion? If you get off your butt and get out of the house instead of playing Pbem's with me you might have a bigger chance of success getting that job. :D so Netherlands has 4 so far. We better get another Texan to sign in soon. Looks like New York has 5. Darn !And Dandelion your description of Slovenia sounds like my kind or place. It truely sounds like heaven. Who knows my wife and I do travel on occassion since she's a travel agent and I'll certainly have to check into visiting there. Finally my favorite country has signed in Ireland. That's another country I will visit before I die I swear I will or my name isn't Lee McLaughlin. ;)

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. Do you suppose there are two Belico Adalid's from Spain and two rachel's from England? :confused: Yeah me either. :rolleyes: Nice try though guys but I'm just a little sharper then that. tongue.gif What's up with Nethterlands? You guys don't have jobs, school or life's? ;)

I'm in Plymouth, England.They're a weird bunch down here,the city's always been isolated from the rest of England by the huge brooding bulk of Dartmoor,so not only we all inbred mutants down here,but all the witches and wizards who used to live in caves on the Moor have long since come down to add their DNA to the gene pool,meaning that not only are we hideously ugly and mutated,but our minds don't quite work properly either. For example,the woman who lives in the flat across the landing from me often stands with her ear pressed against my front door,just listening and muttering curses and spells under her breath. Real X-files stuff!

What's up with Nethterlands? You guys don't have jobs, school or life's
Actually I have two out of three. Being fascinated by war is almost a crime in the Netherlands, so that's probably why, we band of frustrated war mongers, have fled in our dream world, called Combat Mission... :(

Thanks mrcobbler we wouldn't want to leave you out of this. smile.gif So Netherlands is ahead. I am surprised really surprised. I can't remember which country had the most last time although I know it wasn't Netherlands. Aragorn may be right well at least about the frustrated part. ;)

As much as I like the idea, I don't think Netherlands is ahead. But it's good to hear we are present allright. Personally I'm always surprised by the strong representation of Finland in wargames. As a student of warfare I've always admired their part in the fighting at the eastern front.

Aragorn,

The Finns were always a warrior nation. It's all about attitude, and they still have a grim one. Swedes around here often say - if there is no Finn close enough to hear it - that they started to loose wars for real only after they lost Finland (which was a part of Sweden, thus providing troops for Sweden).

I have heard Finns say that the Swedes always fought to the last Finn in these wars ;)

(Right, I'll get my head smashed in by some angry Swede now, or by Lee for messing up his thread... :eek: ).

Strange part is, the Finns are mostly talked about for their...cavalry. Not exactly what I had imagined I must admit, seeing as that all I ever saw in Finland was pineforest.

Lots of pineforest in Finland, yes Sir, no shortage of pine at all. Pines left, pines right and you're standing on fallen pines too. Pines all over. The occasional Finn among the pines but, mostly, just a whole lot of pines. Houses in pinetree, pine furniture. Pines.

And Aragorn, don't expect a reply from a Finn on your compliment. Not that they don't like receiving such. On the contrary. Its just that "talkative like a Finn" is something Swedes say about rocks, furniture and other such chatterboxes. And the Swedes arent exactly chatterish types themselves if you catch my meaning. So it's hopeless.

(Just ensuring a Finn will have a go at my head as well so it will even out...)

That's why I talk so much on the forum, it is all silence where I live ;)

Hakkapällä! (Finnish warcry, say the Swedes when drunk (that's when they offload a few weeks of talk on you)) ;)

Regards

Dandelion