Send in the Marines

CM Pacific would provide an entirely new perspective of WWII tactical combat. It is a shame that the developers have no interest in the Pacific theater, and the entire other half of the Second World War. With so many tactical wargames focused on Europe, a Pacific theater game would be very unique, and might even attract other gamers to CM.

I did not get CMBB because I have played other games about the eastern front several times. I am looking forward to CMAK because it is unique and has the upgrades contained in CMBB. A Pacific CM should be the next logical step in terms of game upgrades, AI, and new units to command.

Time will tell if the developers ever feel up to the challenge of the Pacific front and the utmost savagery experienced in those campaigns.

• 5 months later...

Hi to all!

This is my first message to this forum: I've just lately discovered Combat Mission, and got all the three games, installed them, modded on the whole BO, and still enjoying the other two as they are, for the moment... I'm an old player of ASL and went through the V4V series and CC, but finally I'm happy I've found Battlefront Grognard.

Just to revamp this thread, I would also agree the Asian war campaign would be an important and vast project the Battlefront team should enjoy to implement with their excellent game engine... The MODS are almost all there, thanks to Mike T, but still I believe there is no accuracy in the TOC, OB, and Armour tables for those theaters... Is there so much work to be done, in your opinions, to configure the datas to those differencies? Can you still play a realistic simulation when you use the datas of a T38 for a Japanese Light Tank?

After all, you have just to chang a value here and there! ;) OW, c'mon guys, let us play in the mud on Kokoda Trail, or take that bunch of dogs of the Thin Red Line up hill to take that bunkers on the Canal...

Just kiddin'.

Thanks anyway to Battlefront: they already have done a lot... And BTW, let's hope they will not sell the game to Microsoft, as Atomic did, and stop develope for Mac OSX as well, just to oblige us to go back to cardboards piles!

All the Best!

yep Italian engineers set on regular with high morale officers and fanaticism set to 50% make suitable Japanese infantry, they even charge and throw explosives at allied tanks....what more would you want : ]

Setup? Might be able to do, but I've got about twenty five scenarios in development as we speak...

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Maj West:

CM Pacific would provide an entirely new perspective of WWII tactical combat. It is a shame that the developers have no interest in the Pacific theater, and the entire other half of the Second World War...

Maj West,

I think there are many interested parties to a CM:Pacific, but are there enough to make it financially worth-while for BF to produce such a game? Personally, I have no interest in the Pacific Theatre, mainly because I have an Armor bias and Armor is what CM models well. (Those "stacks" of infantry running around are not my cup of tea.)

If BF were to produce a PT game with a new engine, I'd consider buying it; otherwise, nope.

• 3 weeks later...