MY AIR STRIKE HITS MY TROOPS

dor

To the division H.Q. :my armor,my halftraks my truks are under my own fighter-bombers fire.My air force is helping the enemy.MAY DAY MAY DAY MAY DAY!!!Get that bastards out of here,and I demand the air force general commander to be sent to the Court Martial!

I'm waiting for a help while I am being slaughtered.Do I have to buy AA defence to protect me from my own planes?Nice,isn't it?

It's like the insulting supposed Limey quote from Italy:

'When the German Air Force fly over the lines the British all duck into their trenches

When the British Air Force fly over the lines the Germans all duck into their trenches

When the US Air Force fly over the lines both the British and the Germans duck into their trenches...'

Cheap shots aside - what do the gilded youth going up diddly up up care for the oafs in the mud?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dor:

To the division H.Q. :my armor,my halftraks my truks are under my own fighter-bombers fire.My air force is helping the enemy.MAY DAY MAY DAY MAY DAY!!!Get that bastards out of here,and I demand the air force general commander to be sent to the Court Martial!

I'm waiting for a help while I am being slaughtered.Do I have to buy AA defence to protect me from my own planes?Nice,isn't it?<hr></blockquote>

To the Ground Battalion Commander:

Our bombs struck the target or the vicinity of the target.

The Air Commander.

PS

"Vicinity of the target" is anywhere the bombs go while we're aiming at the target!

:D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dor:

I'm waiting for a help while I am being slaughtered.Do I have to buy AA defence to protect me from my own planes?Nice,isn't it?<hr></blockquote>

CM models this correctly, at least to the fact that it did happen: How often it happened is another matter. My Uncle -54th Field Arty- was straffed by allied air a few times. He said they even had some kind of "banner" device that they could display which was easier for the pilot to see. Whether they didn't set it up in time, or other reasons, the plane still attacked.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The Commissar:

What, is that like a tongue twister?<hr></blockquote>

No - It's those daring young men in their flying machines they go up diddly up up they go down diddly down down... Or something like that...

It's a song m'lud... Sung in Music Halls I believe... Featured in a 1970's film...

Well friends, after two and more years of CMBO battles and as member of the WBW Raiders team, I can say that the single most destructive blow that I've seen, was a bomb dropped by one of my aircraft over my grunts. The damned bastard came when the scenario is just started and my forces was heavily grouped by scenario default. I've not yet seen any of the enemy. The egg struck just over a Sherman and the squad that is riding on but the blast was so effective that the result (I've noted because I never saw a so great slaughter) was one sherman destroyed, two halftracks abandoned and 52 casualties!. Eleven of my squads was routed helplessy. My mouth remained open for a quarter. Then I replayed the scene for several times before seeing the damned shadow of the aircraft, scenario was heavily wooded. At this time I was sure that I was victim of one of the few German aircraft flying in the ETO. But my surprise growth when repalying the scenario I saw the aircraft hit correctly the german linee several turns after. So one single friend bomb has determined the outcome of a whole scenario. And someone tell me about blue on blue!

Massimo Rocca