Wonder if you can advise...?

Hi people im new to combat mission (in fact i dont yet own it :confused: ) but i love the look of it, i really just wanted to ask in a general kind of fashion what its all about and which one came out first, second and which is most recent? can someone please fill me in on which is the best one to buy please? sorry for posting to this forum but didnt think it fitted the others redface.gif

sure (I'm knew too but know this much)

Beyond Overlord (BO) came out first. It covers the western Allies vs Germany in 1944-45.

then came Barbarossa and Beyond (BB) - the eastern front.

BB has new orders for units, more unit types, and numerous tweaks and refinements including graphics. Which makes BB "better" but it does not include American and British forces. So there remains support for BO.

Coming out next (it's in beta) is the Africa game. This includes North Africa and apparently Italy as well. It will have all of the upgrades BB has but will be Americans, British, and Germans (and presumably Italians). So one would expect that when Africa gets released it will kill off BO.

BB is actually "Barbarossa to Berlin." ;)

Another thing worth noting is that CMBO and CMBB play quite differently in many respects. As a very general rule, CMBO is more forgiving and has less of a learning curve. The scope of CMBB (four years on the eastern front) may also be somewhat overwhelming at first - not necessarily in a given game, but the sheer number of options sometimes makes it hard to choose a setup! That said, CMBO has a ton of variety in nationalities and units too.

Ande, you know there are demos for both games available on this site, right?