Opponents Dumping out before a TCP/IP Game starts?

I tried to host a QB game Friday night and ws pretty clear as to the set up (you can read my post in TCP/IP CM Opponents) to see the setup. Had a player hook up but then dump out not soon after he saw the set up. I guess he didn't like it. I thought it was kind of lame when I was pretty specific to the conditions. Never was able to find out who it was...

Anybody else have this happen?

------------------

Webmaster

http://www.trailblazersww2.org

http://www.vmfa251.org

Guest KwazyDog

I would guess he might not have liked the forces he had to fight with, providing they were bought by the computer...

Its a pitty though, personally I prefer a fight that odds are I should loose. It makes the victory all the better when (well, *if*) you win wink.gif

It wasn't me (can't get TCP/IP to work!) but I have tryed and failed many times people get mad but all I can say is hay the computer did it!

Just a word of notice; not all tcp/ip droppers or drops are done on purpose. I have had so many problems keeping a connection with tcp/ip, I cannot count them. Last night, I had set up a game three times with somone and the connection dropped. It may not be your opponent either, it could be yourconnection as well, although that may be unlikely.

What I am saying is there are a lot of different circumstances as to why a person has dropped or seemingly dropped. Remember its hard to know exactly what is happening on your opponents end. He could be 12. He could be 15. His parents might have just caught him on the computer when he should'nt have been on it and it was turned off ubrubtly. It could be a bad modem or connection. It could be that your opponent had an emergeny to take care of, and shut off the computer ubruptly. Anyway, there are a lot of reasons why a game has lost its connection.

If you're allowing the computer to pick forces, you better host. There are some players who pick their own forces and allow the computer to select the opponents. This was recently brought up on this board.

There's a difference between Your opponent losing connection and Your opponent as quit the game.

If my opponent does not look happy with the setup, I always offer to start with another one; although this could lead to abuse,I haven't seen any (if he did it twice in a row, I would get suspicious). After all, if a player doesn't like a setup becaue it does not suit his tastes, I would rather find out right away than have him drop out after I have invested hours into the game.

Henri