. FAQ . How to take a Screenshot and More!

new faq at this place

<font color="AA0000"><big>Frequently Asked Questions (now with answers!)</big></font>

First off, Probably the Number One Most Frequently Asked Question

How do I take a screenshot?

"On a Mac press Command + Shift + 3. A file will appear on your hard disk called Picture 1. Subsequent screenshots take subsequent numbers.

On a PC press Print Screen. This saves the screen to the clipboard. Then open Paint and use Ctrl + V to paste to a new document." -Big Ron

Now then,

Look at the FAQs! Also a very good search function is available above. It is sometimes quicker at answering your questions then waiting for a reply.

search.jpg

(Thanks Dogface for the swell-tastic image!)

Your best bet is CAR_12's excellent FAQ at his webpage(look for a FAQ link there)

CAR_12's CM for Macs Webpage

wargamer.com's FAQ, based on posts by Steve and Charles

The Wargamer CM FAQ

Big Time Software's CM FAQ(way out of date):

Big Time Software's CM FAQ

Mina's Combat Mission Site

Combat-Mission.com FAQ's and also useful is the Terms page.

<font color="BB0000"><big>Board Culture, Usage, and Vocabulary</big></font>

How do I use the UBB Board?

How to:

o make smillies

o provide urls

o post images

o bold, underline, and italicize text

and much more.

How do I look at the UBB with no frames?

How do I become a member?

You need to post 30 messages.

How many posts do I have?

Look at one of your messages. There is an icon of a face with a question mark. Hit that button to get your current number of posts.

What's with all the Peng threads?

After a certain while a Peng thread (aka the Cesspool) gets so big that the UBB crashes(bad). Hence, new Peng threads.

Who moderates/represents the BTS BBS/company?

Big Time Software(Steve or Charles), Madmatt, and KwazyDog.

Where can I test my signature?

Try the General Forum. There is usually a "Test" post. Just reply to it to test your signature and avoid starting a new thread. If you do need to test, just mention that there's no topic(n/t) so people don't have to click on it.

What's with all the "Hi Mom!" posts in certain threads?

The moderators lock down threads that threaten to spiral out of control into flamefests. Posters who think this is going to happen sardonically post "Hi Mom!" since you want to say hi to mom before the thread's locked.

What's with all the gerbil and hamster talk?

Most probably from the SS are overpriced hamsters! thread. Now it's part of the board vernacular.

What's an Uber Tank?

The biggest and baddest tanks in the game. Mostly German, they are the heaviest tanks in the game, and are almost impervious to smaller enemy tanks. A few examples are the Tiger, Panther, Jumbo, and Pershing. There are others as well.

What's a mod slut?

Someone who always searches for, downloads, and uses new mods for the game.

What's this abbreviation mean?

o AP: armor piercing

o HT: Half-track, an armored car with front wheels but tracks in the back.

o ME: Meeting Engagement, a type of quick battle between two sides with equal number of purchase points.

o MG: Machine gun. There is also HMG, MMG, LMG for heavy, medium, and light mg.

o PBEM: Play By E-Mail, playing another human by sending turns through email

o QB: Quick Battle, the random scenario generator

What's tungsten?

Tungsten is a very dense metal used even today in armor piercing shells. They are used very effectively against German tanks but are less available in the early months of the war.

<font color="BB0000"><big>TCP/IP and PBEM</big></font>

Where's the TCP/IP patch?

<a href="http://www.battlefront.com/downloads/index.html">Da' Patch<a/>. Scroll down till you see Combat Mission in Patches.

How do I find an opponent?

There is an opponents forum at battlefront:

CM Opponent Finder. Also try the Tournament House Gaming League and Combat Mission HQ chat rooms.

How do I tell my IP address?

1) Use this URL: http://www.babygrrl.com/ip.shtml

2A) choose RUN from the Start menu and type "WINIPCFG". Then click one of the connection devices, and it will reveal your IP.

2B) If you are using Mac, look at the TCP/IP setting in the Control Panel.

3) Host a TCP/IP game, then your IP address is shown automatically.[last two from GriffinCheng+]

How do I switch from TCP/IP to PBEM?

How can I make PBEM easier?

You have two major choices: the PBEM utility by Fuerte or CM: One Click to Combat by Kman. Both have been recieved positively by the CMers on this forum.

What are Fionn's Short 75 / Panther-76 Rules?

Fionn's Rules can be found here. They were rules set up to prevent every engagement from being an uber tank battle(ex. all King Tigers vs. all Super Pershings).

How is scoring done?

Also, additional explanation of exit points and killing units.

<font color="BB0000"><big>Gameplay</big></font>

How do I order infantry mounted on a vehicle to a fixed spot and disgorge the troops?

Order the troops to move to the spot you want, and add some pauses so that it covers the time of the trip, plus command delay.

Why did my embarked unit not get off that tank?

Originally posted by kump:

When you dismount, always dismount right next to the vehicle, somewhere close.

If your dismount point is a good distance away from the mounted vehicle, the passengers will stay mounted, even with vehicles paused. They are waiting for the vehicle to approach close to the dismount point.

So try it out. Pause the vehicle, plot it to move, and at the same time, plot the passenger to dismount right next to the vehicle. Then plot the passenger to move away. Turn vehicles off if the "embark" keeps happening when you try to dismount close.

After following the above, I've ceased having dismount problems. See if it works for you.

How do I un-bog my vehicle?

There is a chance that you will not un-bog at all. But the current feeling is to remove all movement orders of the vehicle and then have the vehicle back-up straight.

<font color="BB0000"><big>Reality</big></font>

My King Tiger/Super Pershing/Uber tank missed fifteen times and got killed by a Stuart/Lynx/wuss tank! How did that happen?

Sometimes bad luck happens, even in war. The little units may be computers but they act like men, so there will be screw-ups, chokes, and bad karma. On the technical side tanks have weak spots, poor armor quality, or even design flaws. Plus, the Allied tanks have and now use tungsten rounds in the new 1.1 patch, a major tank killer.

When and where am I most likely to bog my tank?

There was an unofficial test done to determine bogging probability.

Originally posted by: joeri

After thinking this over for a while I have made the following assumption on how it works:

Chance of bogging is dependent on:

- ground condition (unknown how but probably just how deeper the mud/snow the more chance)

- terrain type (open terrain gives highest chance, then wheat, then brush, then scattered trees and lowest chance on roads)

Movement order has no influence because when ground conditions are bad, the driver automatically takes the slowest possible speed. Exception is reverse which removes the chance of getting bogged (this is probably a bug).

Based on these assumption best tactics in bad conditions would be (if roads are not available):

- use reverse whenever no contact is expected (and you don't mind taking advantage of a possible bug).

- use rough terrain like scattered trees and avoid open terrain when advancing to contact.

Totally different from how I used to do it.

How do I un-bog my vehicle?

There is a chance that you will not un-bog at all and will be immobilized. But the current feeling is to remove all movement orders of the vehicle and then have the vehicle back-up straight.

Do vehicles provide cover for infantry?

Only if they are knocked out and burning because the smoke blocks line of sight(LOS). The calculations are too complex for CM to do it while the vehicles are on the move.

How come my tank fired at a nearby target and died when nothing hit it?

If the target was too close the main gun's blast knocked out the tank. You can check if this is so by clicking on the unit, pressing ENTER, and clicking "kills". The tank should list itself as a kill.

How did a machine gun take out my tank?

Depends on how close the machine gun was and it's ability to penetrate armor. Angle and armor quality also factors in. For example, a Hetzer's side armor cannot withstand a .50 caliber machinegun at medium to close range. (The .50 caliber was designed to take out light armor)

Here is an example of the MG42 and .50 caliber's penetrating power:

mgvsht.jpg

Why is the M16 MGMC Quad .50 AA vehicle not included?

"BTS ran out of time. There is an official statement, and many discussions relating to this topic, and it brings forth a lot of passion amongst people." -Germanboy

Do machine guns on vehicles jam or get damaged?

No, but they may get knocked out if the main gun gets damaged.

Can my tank fire its machine gun if it fired off all its heavy gun ammunition?

Yes, if it has MG ammunition left. You can check this by clicking on the unit and hitting enter.

Do machine guns jam or get damaged at all?

Yes, a machine gun can indeed JAM. What's cool is that the gun crew can unJAM it given enough experience and time. Machine guns can also be immobilized.

Why can't my light/heavy machine gun run?

They have to carry the machine gun(heavy), spare gun barrels(a bit of weight), and ammo(really, really heavy). See the links so kindly provided by Lindan: spur of the moment complaining and David Aitken: Light MG 42's speed

A human wave overran my position even though I had machine guns. Are they modelled properly?

Basically, they are modelled fairly well, although they cannot be told to do some common techniques that stop human waves(grazing fire, fire arcs). Read especially the long BTS post by Steve on page 8 (yeah, page 8).

How did that human wave attack succeed?

The human wave succeeded for several reasons:

o if it suffered a 40-60 percent loss, than that's not a good thing for the attacker, and hardly something for the enemy to cheer about

o your machine guns were alone

o your machine guns were right in the front line instead of being far back. They work best if the enemy is at least 300m away.

o you told the machine gunner to target one unit in particular. Even if it breaks and runs away, it will ignore other squads running straight at it longer than if you left the machine gun to fire on it's own judgement.

Why do the firepower stats not add up for some German squads?

Most likely the squads have a light maching gun, the MG42, which requires two men to man. One soldier with a rifle will drop his rifle and help with the more deadly LMG.

Does anyone know where one can get good topological maps of European battlefields?

Of course, there is also Topozone.

Why can't I have a roster of all my troops?

Why can't my artillery spotter hide and fire at the same time?

It can. It will have reduced accuracy and longer response time.

Why does the artillery clock countdown at 2 sec for every second in real time?

That will happen if the oberver doesn't have a clear LOS. it will only move at 1 sec/1 sec if there is a clear LOS to the target. Unit experience also is a factor I believe.

How much does it take to destroy a bridge?

Generally wooden bridges blow up in a few turns. Stone bridges are tougher. The large heavy stone bridge needs 14 inch guns or 300mm rockets to destroy in any decent amount of time.

<font color="BB0000"><big>Graphics</big></font>

How do I take a screenshot?

Possibly the most asked question.

"On a Mac press Command + Shift + 3. A file will appear on your hard disk called Picture 1. Subsequent screenshots take subsequent numbers.

On a PC press Print Screen. This saves the screen to the clipboard. Then open Paint and use Ctrl + V to paste to a new document." -Big Ron

How do I change screen resolutions?

"Go to the CMBO directory and delete the "prefs" file. When you restart CM, you will be able to change resolutions." -Doug Williams

Why are there only three men max shown per squad?

It takes too much computing power to show all 8-12 men. A lot of polygons go into those little men so tripling the number will tax almost any CPU/videocard.

Why isn't a bloody corpse shown for every casualty?

Again, too much computing power is required. Not only that but BTS felt that too much gore will detract from the game.

Can we have sandbags in the foxhole graphics?

Sorry no, the big, dark crater is the same picture as the foxhole picture.

How can I make 3D rubble?

Sorry, in CMBO it is a flat .bmp, not a 3D object. However you could place several roadblocks on top to simulate a pile of rubble, since they use the same bmp file.

<font color="BB0000"><big>Mods & Sounds</big></font>

Where can I get some cool mods?

There are numerous places. Try this post, for beginner tips. The major mod palace is CMHQ. This is where most mods start off or wind up. Another place I go to is CM Outpost. Be sure to read this great article on CM mods, written by one of this board's very own members!

Where can I find the desert mod?

The Desert Fox Desert Rats mod is at http://www.dfdr.net/

How do I change .bmp & .wav files to use on a Mac?

"The Mac Combat Mission Mod Manager (MCMMM - MCM3 for short) and the MacMod Manager are both at CMHQ under third party dl's iirc." -jd

How do I change that background grass that stretches to infinity?

Where can I find a list of all the .bmp files?

Right here.

Grass tiles are .bmp files 1550-1569.

Where can I find a sound map of the .wav files?

The above link goes to a thread where I posted a general sound map. Scroll down till you see a listing...

Why does the .wav file I added crackle and squeal in CM?

The .wav file should be at Mono 16bit 44100 samples.

How do I change that really loud exit sound?

Change file 00000171.wav and either use a computer sound recorder program to reduce the noise level or copy in a different sound like the sniper sound 00000410.wav or the end of battle sound 00000129.wav.

<font color="BB0000"><big>Combat Mission 2</big></font>

(thanks to GriffinCheng+ for a large chunk of below)

When will it be available?

Late fall is the tentative release date.

What theater will it cover?

The Eastern Front. (The Russian Front for those of you living east of the Eastern Front...)

Will it have a new graphical engine?

No, the next generation engine (CM II) will probably not be avaliable before CM 4. But it will be bigger and badder.

Will trenches be in CM2?

"BTS hasn't said anything yet concerning what CM2 will include." -JoePrivate

What new units will be added?

TBD.

What units will not be added?

TBD, but mounted troops and "Russin Tank Rush" are out of the question.

Will it be available in stores?

No.

Will there be better city fighting rules?

There was a hint back then that the engine will be modified to recreate city fightings like in Stalingard. No definite word is out yet.

Will CM2 feature captured vechicles?

TBD.

Will there be TO&E added for "Axis Minor"?

Yes.

Will there be partisan activities scenarios?

As of yet, no.

Will there be unarmed human wave attack?

TBD.

What will be the title?

No official title yet, but the forum members DID provide a few suggestions...

<font color="BB0000"><big>Scenario Editing and Work-arounds</big></font>

How do I increase a scenario map to the South and West in the scenario editor?

On the width and height buttons, hold SHIFT and click the height and width buttons to increase/decrease map to the south and west.

Scenario Editing Guidelines

Suggestions with comments, located in the Scenario Editing Forum.

How do I:

o generate a random map?

There's an "Auto Generate" random map button at the top of the editor.

o turn off the numbers indicating height in terrain mode?

There's a "Don't Show Height" button at the top left of the editor.

o add bocages, walls, hedges, etc.?

There're more tiles than can be show in one screen. Hit the button with the down arrow above the tiles.

o edit a unit?

In the unit listing double-click the unit you wish to edit, or click the edit button at the bottom of the screen.

o select unit positions

Hit the "Preview" button near the top of the editor and place the units wherever you want on the map.

o liiiive without yooooou?

I waaant to knooow...

How do I set the initial view for each side when the scenario starts?

Before you exit the editor, move the camera to the view that you want the Allied player to see when the game starts. Then for the Axis player, press "\", no quotes (not the turn 180 degrees key, other slash), then set the camera view. Press GO! and then save it.

How can I make 3D rubble?

Sorry, in CMBO it is a flat .bmp, not a 3D object. However you could place several roadblocks on top to simulate a pile of rubble, since they use the same bmp file.

How can I edit a vehicle so it is immobilized?

No actual editor commands for that but I found a work arounds (I hereby claim credit for the rubble immobilization technique now and forever!). First, take the vehicle and padlock it exactly where you want. Go to the terrain editor and place a rubble or rough tile on top. The vehicle can still rotate, but it can't move out.

How can I put a gun in a house?

Same as above, place unit where you want, then put a terrain tile over it.[note: this worked for an earlier version of CM. I haven't ever tried this, so be warned.]

How can I edit a vehicle unit so it is gun damaged?

Edit the unit so it has no ammo.

How can I edit a unit so it has wounded?

Use split squads and make some of them shaken. That's the best idea I heard as of yet.

How is scoring done?

Also, additional explanation of exit points and killing units.

<font color="BB0000"><big>Misc</big></font>

<A HREF="http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/014130.html" TARGET=_blank>When will my copy get here?

</A>"Answer is that normally it takes about 3-5 days for an order to arrive in the US, about 10-15 elsewhere." -Steve

Also says it takes 2-4 times longer during the holiday season. Not to mention that BTS sometimes runs out of stock due to demand. Overseas can be even longer: for example, three weeks for Finland.

How can I watch all the movies together?

You probably can't. Unless you do PBEM(which saves movie files) you can't save movie files since a saved turn has a different outcome each time. If you do have PBEM files, KMan made a PC utility that works on some computers to play all the files.

What books do you recommend for WWII weapons and armor?

<small>Feel free to copy, post, and modify it elsewhere (so long as it still has the correct answers). Please email any comments, suggestions, and especially corrections to rmz5@cornell.edu </small>

[ 04-14-2001: Message edited by: russellmz ]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Germanboy:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE READING ON!!!!!

The only post truly worth reading is the first one. All the other posts are a public service mostly provided by people from the Peng Thread to keep the first post afloat. If you have any moral/legal/tastal/mammal or any other issues with the Peng Thread and its occupants, please refrain from reading on, since even JD Morse will not be able to get damages for you in that case. We will write a harmless story and promise to try very hard to behave and self-police this. Honest.

If you read on, you have been warned, don't come a-crying later.

continued from ashes of other FAQ...

Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

...see if we can find a dictionary for Maximus, some cattle for Croda and Mace, a rubber fish for Goofstuff, a calculator for Michael D., and a hot chick for good ol' Mannheim Golfcartdriver. Did we miss anyone, or..."

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 03-29-2001).]

quote:

...see if we can find a dictionary for Maximus, some cattle for Croda and Mace,

a rubber fish for Goofstuff, a calculator for Michael D., and a hot chick for good ol' Mannheim Golfcartdriver. Did we miss anyone, or..."

anyone's fish or sheep? No? Well then, lets all...

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

anyone's fish or sheep? No? Well then, lets all...

...think about the Phillies.

Home Mike Leiberthal

1B Travis Lee

2B Marlon Anderson

3B Scot Rolen

LF Pat Burrell

CF Doug Glanville

RF Bobby Abreu

Don't know who will play short stop yet. Watch this space. Be sure to listen to 1210 AM for the Phillies games and stock up on...

------------------

"Sturm, Swung, Wucht"

- Lt. Gen. Erwin Rommel

http://www.derkessel.com/

Originally posted by Phillies Phan:

Don't know who will play short stop yet. Watch this space. Be sure to listen to 1210 AM for the Phillies games and stock up on...

...buckets of "Who gives a Rat's Ass?". Speaking of rats, there was a rumor floating around that Phillies had an infactuation with rodents. I can't recall if they were hamsters, gerbils, mice, or rats themselves, but...

------------------

For your dream car click here.

For a Close Encounter click here.

Hey look! I can see my house!

And for all you Hamster Lovers out there, check this out! Kitty, this one's for you!

Originally posted by Maximus:

...buckets of "Who gives a Rat's Ass?". Speaking of rats, there was a rumor floating around that Phillies had an infactuation with rodents. I can't recall if they were hamsters, gerbils, mice, or rats themselves, but...

They had long since devoured Phillies and were moving on to gnaw on a few of his favorite team members. It was a good thing that nothing remained of Phillies but bones and gristle after the rats got him, or he would have...

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

They had long since devoured Phillies and were moving on to gnaw on a few of his favorite team members. It was a good thing that nothing remained of Phillies but bones and gristle after the rats got him, or he would have...

corrected Gustav once again on the correct nickname for Phillies Phan wink.gif Speaking of favorite members...

------------------

Andreas himself will attest that my massive ego and foolhardy belief in my own greatness would never allow for me to be anyone's worshipper - Hamsters

corrected Gustav once again on the correct nickname for Phillies Phan wink.gif Speaking of favorite members...

...like Mace with his sheep and Gustav (yep, I was wrong all the time, sorry bub) with his fish a whole new story line is about to develop conerning their animal friends.

But then Mannheim Tanker broke in and said, "What about me? What about me and my...

Originally posted by Maximus:

...like Mace with his sheep and Gustav (yep, I was wrong all the time, sorry bub) with his fish a whole new story line is about to develop conerning their animal friends.

But then Mannheim Tanker broke in and said, "What about me? What about me and my...

...hot chicks?" asked Mannheim Tanker in a clever attempt to steer the conversation away from copulation with livestock wink.gif

"Or for that matter, how about Maximus and his..."

------------------

Andreas himself will attest that my massive ego and foolhardy belief in my own greatness would never allow for me to be anyone's worshipper - Hamsters

"pathetic attempts to pick up girls with his golf cart. Maximus then realized those damn cows were still following him. Crying out in dismay, Maximus wailed . . ."

------------------

But we're saying goodbye to them all

We're Harry's police force on call!

So put back your pack on

The next stop is Saigon

Don't bless the few bless 'em all!

[This message has been edited by MrSpkr (edited 03-30-2001).]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

"pathetic attempts to pick up girls with his golf cart. Maximus then realized those damn cows were still following him. Crying out in dismay, Maximus wailed . . ."

"How do I untie this cow? I don't reconize this fancy knot." Phillies grabbed the rope out of his hands. "See, Maximus, the rabbit hops in a circle, through the hole, around the tree, and back through the hole. It's just like the knots I use to tie...

(Quiz- what knot is it?)

------------------

"How do I untie this cow? I don't reconize this fancy knot." Phillies grabbed the rope out of his hands. "See, Maximus, the rabbit hops in a circle, through the hole, around the tree, and back through the hole. It's just like the knots I use to tie...

"my boat to the dock after a long day of fondling fish. Its called a bowline, you dolt!

In shock, Maximus and Phillies Phan began . . ."

------------------

So put back your pack on

The next stop is Saigon

[This message has been edited by MrSpkr (edited 03-30-2001).]

"my boat to the dock after a long day of fondling fish. Its called a bowline, you dolt!

In shock, Maximus and Phillies Phan began . . ."

...wonder why they were in shock wink.gif Also, they wondered why Mr. Tanker insisted on using smileys biggrin.gif

"Because I'm feeling silly," he replied smile.gif "Hey, what happened to our friends from the farm, Croda and Mace? You'd think they..."

...wonder why they were in shock wink.gif Also, they wondered why Mr. Tanker insisted on using smileys biggrin.gif

"Because I'm feeling silly," he replied smile.gif "Hey, what happened to our friends from the farm, Croda and Mace? You'd think they..."

"be busy chasing all those cows swarming around Maximus' golf cart," he said. However, in reality, Croda and Mace..."

------------------

So put back your pack on

The next stop is Saigon

Originally posted by Mace:

...where discussing the development of Soviet Mechanised Firepower from 1941 to 1945, and it's relevance to...

Mannheim's favorite tactic, the gamey golf cart rush. Although this was considered gamey by anyone bored enough to offer an opinion, it was not quite as gamey as...

------------------

Mannheim's favorite tactic, the gamey golf cart rush. Although this was considered gamey by anyone bored enough to offer an opinion, it was not quite as gamey as...

Phillie Phan's collection of used socks, particularly the ones worn by 2B Marlon Anderson and 3B Scot Rolen during a July tripleheader. Phillie adored his collection. In fact, every night, just after midnight, he would . . .

------------------

So put back your pack on

The next stop is Saigon

Phillie Phan's collection of used socks, particularly the ones worn by 2B Marlon Anderson and 3B Scot Rolen during a July tripleheader. Phillie adored his collection. In fact, every night, just after midnight, he would . . .

...sit down with his "bobbing head doll", his Phillies Slippers, and his stained Phillies hat and wonder. What is a Phillie? He also wondered why when you consider the staggering collective intellect of this message board and somehow that the idea of a nickname of "Phan" just does not compute. Is it lack of retention or cerebral output?

So, he went to the FAQ to seek out his answers. He was feeling kind of "gamey" and wanted to...

------------------

"Sturm, Swung, Wucht"

- Lt. Gen. Erwin Rommel

http://www.derkessel.com/

Originally posted by Phillies Phan:

...sit down with his "bobbing head doll", his Phillies Slippers, and his stained Phillies hat and wonder. What is a Phillie? He also wondered why when you consider the staggering collective intellect of this message board and somehow that the idea of a nickname of "Phan" just does not compute. Is it lack of retention or cerebral output?

So, he went to the FAQ to seek out his answers. He was feeling kind of "gamey" and wanted to...

find out if Gustav was ready to start calling him "Phan" instead of the usual "Phillies." When Phillies Phan asked, Gustav began rolling around on the ground laughing. "Phillies, you poor little admirer of one of the world's worst baseball teams, the only way you could get me to call you Phan would be if you...

------------------

...let me be your bodyguard. Against whom? Why the evil, despicable, repugnent person of ill-repute named...

------------------

russellmz,

Self-Proclaimed Keeper for Life of the Sacred Unofficial FAQ.

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Originally posted by russellmz:

...let me be your bodyguard. Against whom? Why the evil, despicable, repugnent person of ill-repute named...

MrSpkr." Phillies considered the offer, but decided that rather than become Gustav's bodygaurd, he would...

------------------

Phillies considered the offer, but decided that rather than become Gustav's bodyguard, he would...

....ensure that, if any assasin tried to shoot Gustav, the bullet would strike the target at the desired spot.

"Phillies?" inquired Gustav.

"How many times do I have to tell you...It's PHAN, you B*STARD.....PHAN!!!!" Phan yelled back!

"Yeh, whatever Phillies" shrugged Gustav "but why have you sown all these targets on my overalls, and why this crosshatch tattood on my forehead?"

"Let me assure you...", responded Phan, "I am a professional, and I take your safety seriously. Oh and did I tell you, it's PHAN!!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile, in the shadows lurked a...

Originally posted by Mace:

....ensure that, if any assasin tried to shoot Gustav, the bullet would strike the target at the desired spot.

"Phillies?" inquired Gustav.

"How many times do I have to tell you...It's PHAN, you B*STARD.....PHAN!!!!" Phan yelled back!

"Yeh, whatever Phillies" shrugged Gustav "but why have you sown all these targets on my overalls, and why this crosshatch tattood on my forehead?"

"Let me assure you...", responded Phan, "I am a professional, and I take your safety seriously. Oh and did I tell you, it's PHAN!!!!!!!!!!!"

Meanwhile, in the shadows lurked a...

cute fuzzy bunny, hopping from shadow to shadow, looking for . . .

------------------

So put back your pack on

The next stop is Saigon

[This message has been edited by MrSpkr (edited 03-31-2001).]

cute fuzzy bunny, hopping from shadow to shadow, looking for . . .

someone with a Holy Hand Grenade. "What great luck," said Mace. "I happen to have such a grenade. Here, catch. One... two... five...

------------------