Give us some ideas

Since CMAK is well on the way, some of the designers on the Scenario Design Team are going to continue to design scenarios to have them ready for the various web pages that are out there.

Considering that the game will cover all of the action in the Mediterranean, do you have some battles or operations that you would like to see done in this theater of operations?

Let me and the rest of the designers what you would like to see recreated through this fine game.

We are listening. I know I am.

Wild Bill

How about Gran Sasso, where Skorzeny and his bunch rescue Mussolini from the mountain top ski resort? It would be a small battle, but a fun one.

I second San Pietro, and throw in Ortona with the Canadians.

Also:

- Melfa River Bridgehead (Canadians)

- Liri Valley (Canadians)

- Gustav Line (Canadians)

- Hitler Line (Canadians)

I'm, Canadian, can you tell?

P.S. I've done scenarios for all of the above. Looking forward to doing them in CMAK.

P.P.S. How about the North African Campaign early in the war? When Graziani penetrated 64 miles into Egypt past abandoned frontier posts, then fatally stopped to build a line of forts while bringing up more supplies. O'Conner promptly counterattacked with great success, taking 130,000 prisoners in two weeks. This is before the Western Desert Force had Matildas. Just Mk this & that plus cruiser tanks. Strictly British (& Indian) vs Italian, all equipped with light early stuff. Would make a pleasing variation on the numerous Afrika Corps vs Brits most people expect.

Cheers! THe Graeme

Anzio stuff is always good--I made one from CMBO and had a good time --Salerno too & the late fighting in Tunisa just before the end was tuff ought to be good material there too-- I will try to look for some specfics thanks for the offer WWB- we appreciate all you do and have done

Sidi Bou Zid - Tunisia 2/43

Or something similar representing the difficulties of the mesa/plains terrain of central Tunisia.

Sidi Bou Zid is a good example of a German counterattack in Tunisia. It has a lot of what should make a scenario exciting: sudden attack, slowly stiffening defense, isolated units slowing the tide, long desert-type flanking hook, some of the first Tiger I deployment in the West, Stuka attacks, etc.

Originally posted by Franko:

An operation on the 45th Infantry Division at Anzio. Wait, I'll design it...send me a beta copy. Thanks.

Frank

Franko, I hope you or someone else will cover the German counterattack at Anzio, February 16, 1944 up Via Anziate towards the Allied positions of the British 56th Division and the US 45th Division.

I've been re-reading "The Rock of Anzio: From Sicily to Dachau: a History of the US 45th Infantry Division" by Flint Whitlock just so I post requests to cover the 45th Division's battles in Italy.

Methinks The Graeme refers to the Battle of Beda Fomm - the culmination of something Wavell ordered as 5-day raid and O'Connor turned into the rout of the Italians in North Africa. Before he could finish the Italians in North Africa, O'Connor had his troops taken away to be wasted in the futility of the Greek debacle, then Hitler sent Rommel to rescue Mussolini's Empire and tie down the British. O'Connor had the bad luck to be captured on his return to the theatre as an advisor and the British lost their best and most experienced desert commander. O'Connor against Rommel would have been an interesting contest!

Beda Fomm would certainly make an interesting battle or operation. Early equipment and a small mechanised, professional force in a defensive position trying to block the retreat of a much larger army.

Sidi Rezegh is one battle I'd expect to see with the game, maybe as an operation.

Originally posted by Armdchair:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Franko:

An operation on the 45th Infantry Division at Anzio. Wait, I'll design it...send me a beta copy. Thanks.

Frank

Franko, I hope you or someone else will cover the German counterattack at Anzio, February 16, 1944 up Via Anziate towards the Allied positions of the British 56th Division and the US 45th Division.

I've been re-reading "The Rock of Anzio: From Sicily to Dachau: a History of the US 45th Infantry Division" by Flint Whitlock just so I post requests to cover the 45th Division's battles in Italy. </font>

Originally posted by Franko:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Armdchair:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Franko:

Frank

I've been re-reading "The Rock of Anzio: From Sicily to Dachau: a History of the US 45th Infantry Division" by Flint Whitlock just so I post requests to cover the 45th Division's battles in Italy. </font>

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...