Gebirgsjager Pack

New Gebirgsjager pack is now available at the Depot . The Gebirgstruppe were elite units, mostly hand picked from the Alpine districts, whose high morale and tenacious combat ability carried them through to the last day of the war on all fronts.

These 5 scenarios, one for each year of the war on the Eastern front and each with a unique tactical and terrain situation are designed for multiplayer play. The scenarios are all medium in size in order to facilitate older machines and to create a managable 2 player experiance.

The scenarios are balanced for 2 player but in some instances the historical situation may stack the odds toward one side or the other.

If played solitaire the player should add a 25% or even 50% enemy troop bonus if you are proficient against the AI.

Any and all feedback is appreciated either here or at the Depot so they can be tweaked if need be. smile.gif

If the scenarios prove to be popular I will continue the series with the release of CMAK (Gothic line, Metaxas line, Battle of the peaks in Tunisia, 5th Mountain in Kreta, Anti partisan in the Balkans, etc.)

Enjoy!

[ July 30, 2003, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: Emar ]

Originally posted by Emar:

Anyone try these as 2 player yet?

No, but I really wish I had played the first one 2 player. Fun against the AI none-the-less. I'm starting the second 2 player, and as soon as I line up players I will start the others as well. I was very impressed with the first one

Originally posted by Berlichtingen:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Emar:

Anyone try these as 2 player yet?

No, but I really wish I had played the first one 2 player. Fun against the AI none-the-less. I'm starting the second 2 player, and as soon as I line up players I will start the others as well. I was very impressed with the first one </font>

Thanks to everyone who has taken time to review these scenarios.I must admit I am feeling very much out of my league after seeing some of the names on those reveiws. :rolleyes:

So far it looks like a continuation of this series when I get my grubby little hands on CMAK would meet with approval. Thanks again to everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Just sent over revamped version 2.1 of the Podvyssokoya battle to the depot. It has been tweaked quite a bit for a better single player challenge as the Germans while still maintaining its 2 player capability. Is it worth playing again if you have already done so? probably not as it is still the same basic scenario at heart but the German single player challenge has been ramped up quite a bit. Continue to give a 25% or 50% bonus to the Soviet AI if you usually crush the computer.

Note it is important to use default setup in all 5 of these ops when playing the AI, especially if you give the AI a force bonus. Testing has revealed that using free to place units with a force bonus causes the computer to move all of its troops out of the setup zones to the far end of the map leading to a boring experience.

Will notify the board when Keith gets version 2.1 of Podvyssokoya installed, hopefuly within the next few days. Thanks smile.gif