Squad Level war games

I think it would be great if battlefrount did a ww2 squad level game ie: controling individual grunts.

ive only seen a couple of examples of this type of game. Squad Leader by microprose/hasbro being the best of them but thats not saying much.

until battleground fill my requestvan anyone recomend a good ww2 squad level wargame

I have been keeping an eye on the upcoming (release date is within a few weeks) of Eric Young's "Squad Assault". It has the theme you are looking for but I am wary of its quality. This game is based on the good idea-bad end-result game "GI Combat" that originally was began by Talonsoft. The finished product was widely panned.

Don't be surprised if this thread gets moved to the General Forum. Scroll through this forum and you will find other references to this game. Or, better yet, check it out for yourself at the Matrix Games website. On their forum you may find one or two familiar names from the BFC Forum--and consequently notice how much better and active the BFC Forum is by comparison.

I also have been looking forward to a non-gameboy video game PC game where you control individual soldiers in a squad/platoon. I guess I will give it a go, although I do not like the fact that NO demo will be available. Time will tell if the game is good.

Personally, I'd rather BFC concentrate on completing the CM series--including ALL theaters before diverting their attention and efforts to other product lines. Please God, let me have ONE complete game system before I die! :rolleyes: I am an old SL/ASL player that has given up pushing cardboard (PC games like CMBO and CMBB have spoiled me with their graphics) and consequently won't care when their line is FINALLY completed. How can I go back to pushing (and picking back up when they fall over :mad: )around stacks of mono-colored flat pieces of cardboard when you have

3-D?

So, in a few months you can look for my posts at the Matrix Games Forum and see if I liked their final product. I liked the Close Combat system in its day, but without the ground view 3-D offered by games such as BO and BB how can I go back to their antiquated system? Oh yeah, I have three of their five games for sale, cheap. I'll never use them again. Eric Young was a member of that team, and I do like his attitude and style. Plus that game system--like CM, will be mod friendly.

I can suggest this game, but not as yet recommend.