4 new battles available

4 of my battles are now downloadable from The Scenario Depot web site.

CARINHALL: a fictional (& most unlikely) scenario in which an American column tries to capture Goring at his country estate NE of Berlin.

OBERSALZBERG: Hitler & his buddies are spending Christmas Eve at the Berghof. The festivities are interrupted by Polish Airborne. Fictional, needless to say.

OPERATION FELIX: Semi-historical, in that the Germans planned this assault on Gibraltar but it never took place. I believe I captured the feel of 'the Rock'.

PEENEMUNDE: Also fictional. The Russians overran this rocket centre in May 45, but here I have the Poles prempting the Russians by showing up in April. Von Braun had left in February, but in this scenario he stays behind to risk capture.

Pending downloadability is:

WESTERPLATTE-LIGHT: Which is my version of the opening shots of the war. I call it 'light' because there's already a better, bigger, and more accurate version on the site created by a gentleman who knows much more about the battle than I do. But my version, being smaller, is a kind of short, schematic quick battle variation which I think is kind of fun, if not as credible.

I don't own a zip program, but I downloaded a temporary one which coincidently will last as long as my current vacation. Over the next two weeks I will attempt to upload at least 20 to 30 of my scenarios.

You will note many of my scenarios are very schematic or compressed compared to the 'actual' topography. This is because my PC has limited memory and it's video card is only 2 MB, so I tend to make most of my scenarios as small as possible.

My scenarios are all pretty much beta versions, so despite my effort to make them as interesting and challenging as possible they may fall short in any one of a hundred ways.

Feel free to alter and improve them any way you see fit.

I may or may not be competent as a scenario creator, but I had loads of fun doing it, and I hope my versions at least inspire you guys to produce better ones!

Cheers!

Two more scenarios are downloadable, plus one pending, at the Scenario Depot web site.

WESTERPLATTE-LIGHT: as described above.

WOLFSSCHANZE: Hitler's headquarters in East Prussia, about to be attacked by Canadian commandos.

Plus one pending:

BERLIN - CANADIAN CONUNDRUM: In which Canadians attempt to capture the Reichs Chancellery and Hitler himself.

Been at this for hours. Think I'll take a nap.

Originally posted by TANK ACE:

wats ur site

I've been uploading to THE SCENARIO DEPOT. It's address is:

< ns9.super-hosts.com/~dragonlair.net/combatmission >

or you can find it with google or any other search engine. The Scenario Depot has tons of wonderful scenarios.

And another 4 of my scenarios are pending downloadability at The Scenario Depot:

CROSS CHANNEL HEAVIES: an arcade style ultra short game where British & German heavy calibre guns slug it out across the English Channel.

DIEPPE DISASTER: As a Canadian, this one is close to my heart.

REICHSWEHR LIPETSK: Polish airborne raid the secret German aviation test centre in Lipetsk, Russia, in 1928. The base is historical, the raid is fictional.

RUHR DAM: US Airborne seize the Mohne dam, or try to.

Enjoy!

Also uploaded & linked:

GUERSNEY RAID: The first large scale British commando raid of the war.

ENTREMONT RAID: Historical French Resistance attack on a small German Garrison in the French Alps.

NUREMBURG TRIAL: Fictional. Skorzeny leads SS fanatics in a bid to rescue 3rd Reich leaders.

BLOODY BISCAY: British amphibious assault on Ile Douessant. Semi-historical.

LOS ALAMOS: Ju 390s have dropped Skorzeny and a bunch of Fallschirmjagers atop Los Alamos atomic research centre in New Mexico. Fictional, ala the novel 1944.

That makes 16 scenarios of mine uploaded to the Scenario depot the past couple of days. Amazing what you can do on vacation! Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...