Please, In all that is Holy, do not allow mouse to start a PENG CHALLENGE!!!

The GBQ is such an obviously useless and subjective waste of time that I feel obliged to use it.

Mr Davey the Itchy gets a 73 23/49ths for massing a battalion's worth of Polish 50mm mortars and using indirect fire to wipe out enough trees to keep Xerox in paper for at least 3 minutes, or the pool in paper for about 14.53 seconds.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lorak I nominate YOU to bless the new thread, mostly because, well, you're here. SO here is my proposal, nominations for the NEW thread will be posted HERE. Lorak will, before we reach 300, choose one, bless it and the new thread will be created by the lucky winner.

MY Nomination:

If Peng Challenges No One In The Forest, Will He Still Lose?

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Run with it Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Damn it Berli you ARE evil. It's just that kind of non-procedural, anarchic behavior that caused the problems LAST time. I nominated Lorak for the job of blessing the new thread because, frankly, you're not exactly my FIRST choice to bless anything, sorry pal, but a rep is a rep you know.

Just be happy that Lawyer didn't make a proposal for handling the new thread, we'd be submerged in parties of the last part and whereas's and numbered paragraphs.

Joe

CRIPES!!

Was that last suggestion even in english?

In all that is Holy or unholy. Please start the new thread Joe before we are subjected to more of that.

Lorak offers Joe the new thread communion (stale nutter butter and a shot of warm pepsi). You have my blessing child. Go forth and spread the word of Peng

Lorak

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>My own, modest, contribution: Why is a challenge Peng?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> You're quite correct Stall In Oregon (I'd suggest what KIND of stall but that would be wrong), it was a MODEST contribution ... very modest ... humble in fact ... actually, it would be best to just forget it ever happened and hope that you can get it expunged from the record with some good behavior.

Speaking of good behavior ... have you ever considered why you haven't been chosen as Squire for some desperate Knight ... let along for a righteous Knight. Here's a clue, the first page of this thread offers some rules for SSNs (that would be ... let me check ... YOU). One of those rules states that while you should sound off LIKE you have a pair you should NOT sound off ABOUT your pair. Methinks your username COULD violate that precept.

Here's my suggestion, change your username to something less ... obnoxious ... and I'LL nominate you as Serf. From there you can aspire to Squire and, who knows, it COULD happen, finally to Knight.

Joe

Butt out, Lenin'sLength... Reincarnation of the One True Thread is something that can only be successfully done by Knights and the occassional Lord. Sure, Squires, SSNs and on down have tried, but we all know what "trying" counts for.

Although I like Pshaw's, I like it in the same way I enjoy the CRASH of an empty liquor bottle onto the pile of its mates: fulfilling, but disturbing. Thus, in the same vein, how's about:

What is the Sound of One Peng Challenging?

PS Shaunny'skeys: fret not and don't hurry... wait for the end of the work week that you might think less unclearly.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

... have you ever considered why you haven't been chosen as Squire for some desperate Knight ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Here's a clue, the first page of this thread offers some rules for SSNs (that would be ... let me check ... YOU). One of those rules states that while you should sound off LIKE you have a pair you should NOT sound off ABOUT your pair. Methinks your username COULD violate that precept.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well make up your mind then.

Does it or doesn't it?

and why would I care what you think anyway?

If mine's big enough to fill a cathedral then I'm entitled to call it an organ!

If yours is big enough to fill Rick then you're entitled to call it Shaw.

Now go dribble somewhere else.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>From there you can aspire to Squire and, who knows, it COULD happen, finally to Knight.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO! Aspire?? Oh, you crack me up!!

Ok guys,

I still give the nod to Joe Shaw.

Mouse, I did like your version of the rules in your um... attempt.

So. I perpose that Your rules from from that one be included in the new one.

The Lorak has spoken!

(as if anyone cares)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Lorak I nominate YOU to bless the new thread, mostly because, well, you're here. SO here is my proposal, nominations for the NEW thread will be posted HERE. Lorak will, before we reach 300, choose one, bless it and the new thread will be created by the lucky winner.

MY Nomination:

If Peng Challenges No One In The Forest, Will He Still Lose?

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mind Joe's, but I'm feeling more epic. Why not try:

For Peng's is the Kingdom, and the Power, and the Challenge, Forever and Ever.

MrSpkr looks outside at the skies anxiously

Speedbump: "What are you doing?"

MrSpkr: "Making sure the sky isn't falling?"

Speedbump: "Huh?"

MrSpkr: "Well, we have a thread title proposed by Joe Shaw, blessed (???) by Berli, and that will start off with rules by Panzer Leader. Given all those things, I thought the world might be ending.

Speedbump: "You could be right."

Speedbump peers out window

Speedbump: "Looks okay. Hey listen, you haven't finished kicking my butt up between my shoulder blades for a third time yet - let's get back to the battle."

MrSpkr: "Hokay. I think this time I'll just hit the [GO] button for the first ten turns to give you a fighting chance."

(fade to black)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

Not bad Joe, but it falls down a bit because even I know the answer!

My own, modest, contribution:

Why is a challenge Peng?

[ 06-28-2001: Message edited by: Stalin's Organ ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your suggestion is stupid and you're ugly. We don't care what you think and you should go away. I'd like very much to kick you. Your user name is uncreative and should be changed to Excrement Head. I could ask you to do us a favor and not show up here any more, but that would make you think that I enjoy bantering with you. I don't and I won't. Reply if you want but keep in mind that you should be kicked.