An invitation for 3 scenario testers.

I've recently completed a small byte batte for CMBB and I wondered whether any of you kind gentleman would be willing to playtest it for me? I've got a fellow or two over a der Kessel casting an eye over it, but you can never have enough feedback tongue.gif .

If you're still interested after reading the brief, please get in touch through my email addy above.

Many thanks.

Justin (Maus).

Title: A War within the War.

Type: Axis Attack.

Date: June, 1943.

Region: Centre.

Weather: Clear and warm.

Terrain: Village and farmland.

Wind: SSW.

Turns: 30+

Background.

The development of a coherent theory for partisan warfare had largely been discounted by Soviet pre-war planners, despite the accumulation of a considerable volume of experience during the Russian Civil War. By October-November 1941, the large territorial loses suffered by the Soviet Union required Sovnarkom and the Central Committee to rethink this strategy, issuing 2 directives covering the organisation and activity of partisan detachments (otrydi) as early as 29 June and the 18 July, 1941.

The achievements of the partisan movement (partizanshchina) were mixed and varied accordining to region. In the republic of Byelorussia, the partizanshchina was particularly successful where the wide tracts of forest and extensive Pripet marshes enabled the encircled remnants of the Red Army to continue to fight or be assimilated into cadres under the political administration of the NKVD. As the partizanschina grew in effectiveness and strength between 1942 and 1943, the German Ostheer were obliged to deploy regular army and SS units, the police (the Ordnungspolizei) and locally raised auxiliaries (the so-called 'Ostruppen') to secure their rear areas.

Ultimately, it was the civilian, largely peasant population, that was to bear the brunt of the anti-partisan war (the 'Bandenkrieg), their lives inexorably squeezed between the savagery of the German occupation and the clandestine return of Soviet authority.

This scenario attempts to reflect one of the frequent and typical village clearances by a reinforced company of the Ordnungspolizei (regular police) in Byelorussia during the summer of 1943. It is intended to be played as a TCP/IP or PbEM against a human opponent, but can be played as the Allies against the AI with a +2 Experience Bonus.

References.

Thanks to the following for the inspiration, source material and title of this scenario: Christopher Browning 'Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland', David Glantz (2001) 'Barbarossa', John Erickson (1975) 'The Road to Stalingrad', John Erickson (1975) 'The Road to Berlin' and John Winchester (2000) 'Ostfront'.

[ June 04, 2003, 05:43 PM: Message edited by: Dr. Juzzy ]

battle is well underway now.

No fancy stuff,no armor just plane old infantry.

Set up areas are OK,only drawback in my opinion is the exitzone.

Its quite clear to the germans where the Russians have to go too.

In a way you can make your plans according to that fact.

But I planned to do a two flank attack which works quite well till now.

More reports later on.

Battle ended.

I won :cool:

Overall its a reasonable scenario,

But I would skip the exit zones ,at least the river should be out to give the Russians a better chance to exit troops.

Another way to improve it is to degrade the experience of the Germans.

After all the police units werent the best combat units available......................

A good player can smash the Russians with ease

Henk