An Xmas Present--Hetzer Mod Released

I finally got around to finishing this thing. It was one of those projects that never really seems quite right, so at some point I had to decide that good enough was, well, good enough. smile.gif

So, here it is. One paint scheme only: ambush camo. For those who wanted camo wheels: I tried them, they looked weird, so I left them out of the release version. The only options here are to omit the unit number and/or the cross on the hull and rear end.

hetzer1.jpg

hetzer2.jpg

hetzer3.jpg

Next up, the Daimler. It sure isn't going to look pretty, but it will be better than a sharp stick in the eye. tongue.gif

As for what's after that, I dunno. Maybe the Cromwell. I'm open to suggestions, though.

Oh yeah, I sent it to Tom a few minutes ago, so expect to see it there soon, unless Tom went on vacation or something. I'll send it to Manx as well, with hope that it will end up on CMHQ when he's reorganized it.

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]</p>

...i suppose it is your time and energy which will ultimately be spent, but why another cromwell? tiger supplied a rather adept version quite some time ago. why not continue along the lines of the daimler scout car and address the vehicles that are in genuine need of attention such as the hummel and marder II? after viewing your jeep, i would also place a high wager on your ability to convincingly render the SdKfz 7 flak vehicles.

...it's no secret you have some ability andrew, why tramp over an already worn path?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Peter Panzer:

...i suppose it is your time and energy which will ultimately be spent, but why another cromwell? tiger supplied a rather adept version quite some time ago. why not continue along the lines of the daimler scout car and address the vehicles that are in genuine need of attention such as the hummel and marder II? after viewing your jeep, i would also place a high wager on your ability to convincingly render the SdKfz 7 flak vehicles.

...it's no secret you have some ability andrew, why tramp over an already worn path?<hr></blockquote>

Uh, well, I'm thinking about doing the Cromwell because, well, honestly, I'm not that fond of Tiger's version, which is pretty much the only Cromwell mod out there. Try putting it next to one of Marco's Brit Shermans, or Feldgrau's awsome Chruchill and you'll see what I mean. I'm sure it's great when used with Tiger's other mods, which all have the same kind of look, but I think the Cromwell needs to be brought up to current mod standards (whatever those are smile.gif )