Wiltz for CMBB?

I know there has been some scenario conversions from BO to BB (like Riesberg, Valley of Trouble), but has anyone done a Wiltz scenario for CMBB?

Certainly it's not listed on Scenario Depot.

I'm feeling slightly nostalgic and it was such a nice scenario, shouldn't be too hard to make it for CMBB.

Pleeease?

edgars,

ok...go ahead and do it. In general, we designers like to design original scenarios, not copy old ones. Believe it or not, the difficulty in designing is not learning how to use the editor - that's easy and something you can handle. The difficulty is studying a battle, recreating the map and the units and then molding the scenario so that it plays with some iota of balance.

Give it a try.

-Spookster

Spookster, I don't think you will mind if I step in here and tell Edgars he is more than welcome to revise Wiltz for CMBB since it was my scenario originally.

I just received from Sergei a nice re-do of the scenario Villers Bocage - Tiger for CMBB.

He really did do a superb job! I think if the scenario is worthy of replay it does not hurt a thing to change it over to the newer game. It should prove interesting.

I have learned that certain scenarios have a "feel," or a "flavor" that makes you want to play them over and over.

So yes, feel free to do so. Would you send me a copy when it is done?

bwilder@bellsouth.net

I honestly have no problem with any of my 60+ scenarios or campaigns are redone in CMBB, just try to be sure and be as accurate as you can on the remake.

Yes, fellas, the old Wild Man is still around ;)

WB

Oh, the man himself showed up! Greetings!

Actually, with my original message i didn't intended to take that task on my own puny little shoulders, but asked if anyone has done it before. But it seems that it's just about the right time (after what, 3 years?) to do something for the community.

I'll certainly let you know if i manage to create something worth talking about.

The Villers-Bocage scenario is now available at the Scenario Depot. Thanks again, Bill!

Edgars, I found a very handy way of converting scenarios: Mapping Mission by Leland J. Tankersley. It allows you to draw a map and then export it into CMBB map editor. Because you can load an underlay bitmap, you can make exact 1:1 copy of the original by taking screenshots of the CMBO map editor screen and then combining them in Paintshop Pro. (Of course you can also scan a real battle map and use it the same way.) Works like a charm - if you go ahead with it, I strongly recommend you to try it!