...and I thought I'd never do an armor mod!

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Oh, it's coming along just fine! Expect updated screen shots on the forum tonight!

:cool: <hr></blockquote>

Cool, I look forward to using your mod. With all the mod copyright crap going on, I thought maybe all mods were on hold.

I just wish people would realize that mods are for peoples enjoyment and to enhance CM. If the mod guys don't want their mods changed or redone they should never give them to others at all. ]

A while back I was doing mods for DFDR with Aussie Jeff, and I redid Tigers Whirbelwind/Ostelwind to a DFDR style as well as his halftracks and a bunch of other mods from various modders, and handed them over to Aussie Jeff and he touched them up even more. I did not even care if he had my permission. I only did the mods to make DFDR that much more enjoyable for all the other people, not boast about them being my mods. I could careless if my name was even mentioned(although it was kinda cool to see my name mentioned on the forum by Aussie Jeff as mods by Shatter). Other than that if my name was not even mentioned it wouldn't have been a big deal.

All the modders I spoke with just asked to mention their names in the readme file and that would suffice. I think that is the way it should be.

So bottom line is if you don't want them to be in the publics hands don't hand them over. This all really seems childish (to me at least).

Anyway can't wait for your mod.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Shatter ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Shatter:

Cool, I look forward to using your mod. With all the mod copyright crap going on, I thought maybe all mods were on hold.

I just wish people would realize that mods are for peoples enjoyment and to enhance CM. If the mod guys don't want their mods changed or redone they should never give them to others at all. ]

A while back I was doing mods for DFDR with Aussie Jeff, and I redid Tigers Whirbelwind/Ostelwind to a DFDR style as well as his halftracks and a bunch of other mods from various modders, and handed them over to Aussie Jeff and he touched them up even more. I did not even care if he had my permission. I only did the mods to make DFDR that much more enjoyable for all the other people, not boast about them being my mods. I could careless if my name was even mentioned(although it was kinda cool to see my name mentioned on the forum by Aussie Jeff as mods by Shatter). Other than that if my name was not even mentioned it wouldn't have been a big deal.

All the modders I spoke with just asked to mention their names in the readme file and that would suffice. I think that is the way it should be.

So bottom line is if you don't want them to be in the publics hands don't hand them over. This all really seems childish (to me at least).

Anyway can't wait for your mod.

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: Shatter ]<hr></blockquote>

...and yes, some people are sure getting pissy and childish over something that's just, in the long run, supposed to be for fun! ;)

[ 11-21-2001: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]</p>