AI and two level buildings in CMBB

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kurtz:

That's because the AI knows that there is no chance of getting the troops on the second floor out before the building collapses when your opponent brings up a Wirbelwind or a 40 mm Bofors gun. :D <hr></blockquote>

So thats whats coming up next. After Ive finnished off those pathetic platoons of yours. Always nice to have smg squads at 100m+ range ;) Or maybe you are just trying to trick me to leave my warm and comfortable church? Decisions decisions...

But maybe you're right. It could just be some kind of compensation for the ease which buildings can be knocked down.

/Kristian

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wwb_99:

I think the AI is programmed to avoid going upstairs in 2 level buildings. Up high is a bad place to be when shells start flying.

WWB<hr></blockquote>

I've always understood that the AI just can't 'see' the second level. But I might be wrong. It was a very long time since I read it.

/Kristian

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by wwb_99:

I think the AI is programmed to avoid going upstairs in 2 level buildings. Up high is a bad place to be when shells start flying.

<hr></blockquote>

OTOH it's a good place to be when shells aren't flying in order to improve observation.

Of course CM is such a complex game that it must be much much harder to program than chess. So we shouldn't expect too much of the AI.

For that reason, it would be good for the AI to have attack and defense plans 'scripted' as in TACops for scenarios you play against the computer.

If the AI can use the upper floor in CMBB then maybe it will also deploy troops on the upper floors when a new battle in an operation loads. As it is now all the troops you had placed on the upper floors get moved to the lower floors. Just a minor inconvenience, but something that should be fixed nonetheless.