Snowblind, but happy; Major mod preview!

Juju

Yes, Sirs, it's that time of the year again. What with Weinachts Grenadiere on the loose, and huge convoys of hi-res Coca-Cola winter trucks and all that.

There's no better time than this to preview an upcoming mod that actually features a bit of snow. What say I? A bit. Nay Sirs, we are talking LOTS of snow. Heap big even.

Santa Tanks A Lot and Santa Juju have been working themselves into near snowblindnessness (?), bringing you a complete winter graphics overhaul (trees excluded, we may do them later. We may) in time for the holiday season.

The winter terrain set will feature the following items:

- Brush: by Tanks A Lot.

- Hedge: by Juju, based on Richard Tremblett's Bocage Mod.

- Ice: by Tanks A Lot.

- Pavement: by Juju.

- Railroad: By Juju, based on Gyrene's Railroad Mod.

- Roads (paved variant): by Tanks A Lot.

- Rough: by Tanks A Lot.

- Snow: by Juju.

- Snow_gridded version (construction set, hi-vis and lo-vis available)

- Wall: by Tanks A Lot.

- Woodbases: By Juju.

On to some piccies. The winter buildings in some of the pics are also Tanks A Lot's work, and I, for one, consider them an integral part of this set, and are a highly recommended 'companion' download.

One note: Snow, as ever, doesn't come over too well in the screenshots.

Brush, Rail and snow

Brush_Rail_Snow-or.jpg

Hedge

Hedge-or.jpg

Ice

Ice-or.jpg

Pavement

Pavement-or.jpg

Road

Road-or.jpg

Rough

Rough-or.jpg

Wall

wall-or.jpg

Woodbases, roads

Woodbase_Road-or.jpg

Tanks A Lot and I are aiming for a Christmas release (on, or around) but no promises can be made at this point.

Also, Philippe has been so very kind in agreeing to make a CMMOS compatible version, to be released at a later date.

Happy gaming and happy holidays!

Tanks A Lot

Juju

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Juju ]</p>

Amazing, stupendous, super-duper work!! :D

You know I think the wonderful CM mod community transformed the ugly duckling that was the original CM (graphically speaking, that is) into the beautiful swan most of us with half-decent computers can now enjoy. IMO, the graphics in CM now surpass those displayed in any other RTS/Wargame/3D command game, even without the lighting effects.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zitadelle:

[QB]Quick question. Where do I find the Winterized M3 Scoutcar mod that is included in the above image? Excellent work on that mod- to whomever developed it.

[QB]<hr></blockquote>

Sorry, can't remember, but I'm sure someone will come along with the right answer.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lawyer:

Looks very nice, Juju. I've been using your 3D explosions for a long time.

Where might we get this when it comes out? How big is the download?<hr></blockquote>

Thanks Lawyer, but don't forget, this is Tanks's work as well.

We will be sending it to CMHQ and the size is 8.5 MB.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Great mod, and hate to nitpick, but shouldn't half of those troopers in the third screenshot be on their asses after slipping on the frozen river?<hr></blockquote>

They are, it's abstracted. :D

[ 12-17-2001: Message edited by: Amidst Void ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Hoopenfaust 101:

JuJu

What are the bmpeez for the tree bases you did for this mod. Is it the 850 bmpeez ?

Thanks<hr></blockquote>

Yep. 850/855. The same set is used for both woods and scattered trees in winter scenarios.

the Greyhound can be found at CMHQ, but not under winter vehicle textures, where one would expect it, but under 3rd party mods / allied (summer) vehicles, page 1.

the White Scout Car however is nowhere to be found at CMHQ. I should know because I am desperately looking for a winterized WSC ever since I DLed that fabulous winterized M3 HT.

any hints about the whereabouts of that winterized Scout Car would be very welcome.