CMBB hardware requirements

I know that CMBB is not due to be released until q2 2002 (how does 22nd june sound like a release date?), but I am trying to figure out if my current computer will be able to handle it.

Any information on what the hardware requirements need to be to be able to handle CMBB?

Thanks

Vinci - with what others have said you should be able to handle CMBB fine. The video card may make the biggest difference for most players since the VRAM requirements have gone up to a minimum of 8Mb (with 16Mb highly recommended). One of the bigger changes to CMBB is the resolution and detail of 3D models and textures. CMBB will have higher resolution textures and with the 'doodads' there will be a need for more VRAM (though the 'doodads' can be disabled/minimized in their density of display, much like trees are currently).

CMBB has increased its maximums, which can lead to larger scenarios than CMBO is capable of. Scenarios can be made large enough to challenge the fastest PCs or Macs.

If you do consider some hardware upgrades to your computer you will want to find out more details about what you actually have (model of motherboard or model of computer if it is a brand name, the type of CPU socket or slot, what expansion slots you have for PCI or AGP, etc.).

A certain bold guy informed me on this subject after I asked him what to buy

He told me that a 16mb card would be the minimum so I bought a 32 mb TNT 2 card

He told me a P800 would be good so I bought a 1,4

And he told me I needed a fast hard drive and a good quality motherboard with a lot of free space and a lot of memory

So I bought a 20 gb disc and 256 mb of memory

Total cost $1000 for a complete new system

Totally prepared for CMBB :D

With special thanks to Madmatt's advice ;)