? for BTS: Why no Gebirgsjager units in QBs?

Ever since I first installed the game I have played hundreds of QBs. Most I've generated myself, but a good portion have been sent to me for PBEM matches. Every possible setting I have seen: Clear, rain, dry, wet, day night, rural, city, 300 pt thru 5,000 pt, June thru may. In all those games I have yet to see a GB unit, and others have posted similar experiences. Any reason why the computer doesn't choose these units?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

Ever since I first installed the game I have played hundreds of QBs. Most I've generated myself, but a good portion have been sent to me for PBEM matches. Every possible setting I have seen: Clear, rain, dry, wet, day night, rural, city, 300 pt thru 5,000 pt, June thru may. In all those games I have yet to see a GB unit, and others have posted similar experiences. Any reason why the computer doesn't choose these units?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps the AI chooses units based on rarity. That could explain it since GBs really only fought in 1 major battle in the west.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Rarity does influence computer purchase.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But if I were to fire up a QB with the parameters set to when the GBs saw action then one would think the chances of getting them would improve. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Well, I've done it and still no GBs. Maybe I'm unlucky but I think I could generate a hundred QBs set to Jan / Feb '45 and still not see one GB. However i'll probably see a few Jagdtigers, Ostwinds and dozens of Pumas.

How many other people have seen GB units generated by the computer?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kingfish:

But if I were to fire up a QB with the parameters set to when the GBs saw action then one would think the chances of getting them would improve. Makes sense, doesn't it?

Well, I've done it and still no GBs. Maybe I'm unlucky but I think I could generate a hundred QBs set to Jan / Feb '45 and still not see one GB. However i'll probably see a few Jagdtigers, Ostwinds and dozens of Pumas.

How many other people have seen GB units generated by the computer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Err, try September/October 1944. At that time the Gebirgsjaegerbataillone 201 and 202 were in the line in the Vosges. Not sure about the rarity thing though, but at least you would have the right time. January saw 6th SS Gebirgsdivision in action in the Nordwind operation, but that was technically speaking not a Gebirgsjaegerdivision.

Has anyone ever tried infantry only Quick Battles? For a combined arms game it's quite clear why the AI never buys Gebirgsjäger: they don't get any armored support. You'll have a really hard time trying to spend all your points without buying a single vehicle in a combined arms game. I think they may show up in infantry only QBs every now and then, although I haven't played many of those, so I can't really know.

Dschugaschwili

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dschugaschwili:

Has anyone ever tried infantry only Quick Battles? For a combined arms game it's quite clear why the AI never buys Gebirgsjäger: they don't get any armored support. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Ding-Ding-Ding!" We have a winnah!

I just ran a 300pt Infantry QB, Meeting Engagement, and got a GB platoon, 2 mortars, and 1 MG42.

Choose the right parameters folks, and you can get just about anything...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

"Ding-Ding-Ding!" We have a winnah!

I just ran a 300pt Infantry QB, Meeting Engagement, and got a GB platoon, 2 mortars, and 1 MG42.

Choose the right parameters folks, and you can get just about anything...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What were the parameters that you chose?