Ambush! Mission 6 at the Depot

Here's a nice change of pace...the AI actually controls enemy soldiers a lot like the paragraph-driven boardgame AMBUSH. (ie sometimes they run willy nilly all over the place!)

This scenario is a bit different in scale too; tiny map, with 1 squad of men on each side. But here's the kicker, they are 1 and 2 man teams. The Germans are elite, the Russian AI are conscript - nicely simulates the old Ambush game if you ask me; fun to play - I managed a win and a draw.

I may have a stab at some other Ambush! maps and scenarios - some of the Purple Heart missions seem to be a natural; the tank battle in the city, or the counterattack of Panzer Lehr.

Look under "A" in the CMBB scenarios.

[ April 08, 2003, 02:28 AM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

sounds good... i used to play those games a lot... 'ambush!' and ... 'purple heart?'... once i took all of the scenario cards from both games and played them chronologically... so this put some of the more difficult scenarios earlier into the series... really liked the BAR dudes... yeah that was a great game... may have to download your scenario(s)

[ April 08, 2003, 05:29 PM: Message edited by: manchildstein II ]