Are FO's drunken fat bastards?

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Stoffel:

maybe one of these bad nurses can give our little friend a big screw up smile.gif

wipe his ass with a high pressure cleaner instead of manual by hand :D

just think of it...hilarious tongue.gif <hr></blockquote>

Very mature. I guess other peoples opinions are not allowed in your litte world. Just wait until you are old enough to need constant medical care. You will then understand what I am talking about. :rolleyes:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

When it takes 8 hours to get an IV (and this can happen in a fully staffed hospital by the way) or you have to argue that you need a certain pain killer that the doctor ordered (AND IT'S LISTED ON THE CHART IN FRONT OF THE NURSE'S NOSE) AND YOU ARE DYING FROM PAIN, it just makes you question the value of the person who is caring for you.

<hr></blockquote>

Ayuh, my Mom was about to get up and leave the hospital at 1 am, and only screaming at the nurse got anything done (getting the IV).

Speaking of doctors, my grandfather got skin grafts to re-cover his diabetes-ravaged feet...and then the night after the surgery, some random doctor came in, and even though my gramps told him not to, this other doctor removed the bandages, which had the effect of...believe it or not...ripping the new skin grafts entirely off his feet, still attached to the bandages (!!!?!).

I still think doctors and nurses and the like are admirable ppl. Having life literally in your capable hands is some responsibility.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Speaking of doctors, my grandfather got skin grafts to re-cover his diabetes-ravaged feet...and then the night after the surgery, some random doctor came in, and even though my gramps told him not to, this other doctor removed the bandages, which had the effect of...believe it or not...ripping the new skin grafts entirely off his feet, still attached to the bandages (!!!?!).

I still think doctors and nurses and the like are admirable ppl. Having life literally in your capable hands is some responsibility.<hr></blockquote>

Yes, that is one of the bad things about doctors. Each thinks he understands the patient better than the next. The result: conflicting treatments. :(

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jshandorf:

But that goes for any profession. From doctors to carneys.

Jeff<hr></blockquote>

So why hasn't our society crumbled? If all professions have many more screw ups than sucessful types, then how did we even win the war? Maybe the Germans were just unlucky?

Sorry for being so harsh. I didn't want to start a fight. I am just a little upset at the minor flamming I am reciving as a result of this. :(

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

So why hasn't our society crumbled? If all professions have many more screw ups than sucessful types, then how did we even win the war? Maybe the Germans were just unlucky?

<hr></blockquote>

Ahhh.. but you are assuming that the Germans had less screw ups, but on the contrary, being a screw up is a universal thing.

Jeff

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jshandorf:

Ahhh.. but you are assuming that the Germans had less screw ups, but on the contrary, being a screw up is a universal thing.

Jeff<hr></blockquote>

Cute. tongue.gif I disagree though. I think for every, say, 10 people in a given profession, you'll have 6 that do what is required of them, 3 that could be called worthless, screw-up, whatever, and one that stands out above all the others as excellent. This is my opinion and a gross oversiplification of course, but there it is. ;)

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: Vader's Jester ]</p>