First Time Scenario Designer Questions

I've been working on my first CMBO scenario, and I have two questions.

1) Can I implement a scenario taken from another game if I disclose its source?

I'm a fan of ASL, which is chock full of scenarios that can easily be implemented in CMBO and CMBB. I've finished one, and I'd like to distribute it for playtesting, but only if I won't be causing any problems for the copyright holders.

2) Is there a scenario database somewhere?

I know that a few ASL scenarios have been translated to CMBO and CMBB already. I'd like to know if my favorite scenarios are available, so that I don't have to work on them, focusing instead on those that aren't available.

3) Assuming a favorable answer for question 1), what's the best way to drive playtesting for a session?

I've played the scenario a few times myself, from both sides, and it seems to be fairly balanced, at least enough for a real test. How do I go about finding play testers, and deciding when it's ready? Does anyone have a link about this?

Thanks,

Phemur

Originally posted by Phemur:

1) Can I implement a scenario taken from another game if I disclose its source?

2) Is there a scenario database somewhere?

3) Assuming a favorable answer for question 1), what's the best way to drive playtesting for a session?

Thanks,

Phemur

Welcome Phemur,

1) Does not seem to be a problem as long as you give your source. If you go to the Scenario Depot (do a google search) you will find many ASL scenario for both BO and BB.

2) See 1) above.

3) This is usually the best place to find play-testers. The audience is fairly well educated, experienced in designing scenarios and, most importantly, good natured.

Play-testers prefer that the pre-scenarios be almost "complete" and should include a detailed briefing for both sides and an overall history.

One problem to finding play-testers: As enjoyable as CM:BB is, the designers populating this board are starting to drift away. There is not much action, or at least, as much action as even a few months ago.

-Spookster

p.s. I would help playtest, but to break my addiction to CM:BB, I smashed my disk a few weeks ago. ;)