Cracking the Egg, suggestions?

Well, as much a i hate to, i still have to ask -

How do i need to approach this scenario as Russian

player? Tried three times so far, best result is still 29-71. I can get a couple of flags but i can't hold these. My biggest problem isn't the enemy - it's the total incompetence and covardice of russian crews. ISU's can't hit a thing farther than about 200m. Well, last time one of them hit a house 10m in front of it, killing not only it's commander but commanders of two other ISU's too.

What happens when 4 ISU's see a Tiger/StuG/AT Gun?

They all start to reverse fast and will shoot once

, moving. Of course they never hit anything. And the long reload cycle ensures they will not get second shot off. Somehow, even planes are totally incompetent here. Out of my three tries they are achieved one immobilized Tiger. Or maybe it simply

bogged down, i don't know.

So, the scenario plays like this for me:

I go, infantry first, ISU's back, en masse, to the center of the village. Rockets/arty already spent.

German infantry killed/routed, i get two flags in the center of the village. ISU's are tightly together, advancing using 'hunt' order. Then the Tigers and stug's simply roll into view and kill all now retreating ISU's. It's that simple.

What should i do better?

Priit

Found the 'spoilers'. Funny thing is, i dont want

to play it as i'm solving some kind of 'puzzle'. So i try to 'forget' what i saw last time i tried and to follow a plan made out of scenario description and terrain surveillance(?). I won't know that these Tigers will appear and i won't know where will be those ATG's located. I thought CMBB scenarios should be winnable without additional information. Oh well. Time to move on. Btw. got 92-8 as germans, first time i played this scenario. Looks like it isn't meant to be too easy for russians :). I don't think it's good scenario for 2 human players.

Priit

+++++++++SPOILERS++++++++++++++++

I tested it way back when, and it was a very close, hard fought match. There are some luck factors involved--the planes, how effective the arty is at KOing the german guns. But it can be done, with no additional information, especially against the AI. The german defenders are precious few, and them ISUs are tough. Mass the forces, choose the breakthrough sector, and that line collapses very easily.

WWB

SPOILERS.........

it isn't a puzzle at all, but it DOES require you to know the stranghts and weaknesses of the isu-152, which is a breakout tank. the isu-152 is a heavily armored, but very slow firing assault gun. knowing this, you have the option to attack on a thin or wide front. If thin front, you better id the enemy and use shoot and scoot, if attacking on a wide front. know that you DO have anti-tank assets and to keep them in reserve until needed. Look at the tanks int he scenario, you will see which are your anti-tank weapons.

as for two player, have had a lot of feedback. Actually it is an intense fight over 2 equal players. wwb hints as to why. My scenarios can teach you about equipment and their uses if you approach with an open mind.

Rune