:"The Plague" IL-2 Sturmoviks in CM2

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panzerman:

Different types of Air craft will not be modeled only the basic Fighter bomber like in CMBO. BTS has said this many times.

[ 10-10-2001: Message edited by: Panzerman ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rob, don't quote us please...I get all itchy when YOU quote us.

By the way, specific plane types are not modeled in CMBO. We never said wheter or not they would be in CMBB. ;)

Don't assume so much my young apprentice...

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

By the way, specific plane types are not modeled in CMBO. We never said wheter or not they would be in CMBB. ;)

Madmatt[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to drive us mad, Matt, don't you?

I will loose my night sleep, while trying to guess what kind of air support will be included...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the obvious follow on question to this is... will seperate plane types be modelled in CMBB? Surely you can at least give us that little tid bit of information?

Regards

Jim R.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Rob, don't quote us please...I get all itchy when YOU quote us.

Madmatt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't it go at some point something like: "the rockets are out, the bombs are in ?", sensei ;)

That would not exlude different models of AC, only different weaponsystems carried by then (not necessarily excluding heavier guns/cannons smile.gif ).

But that remark was made quite some time ago so at the rate things change.... :cool:

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: tero ]

This could be the priority list to distinguish aircraft in CMBB:

1. armarment
  2. armor
  3. speed
  4. agility

If you model specific planes, you have to identify them somehow! But the planes are not shown as 3D models (yet). So how are we going to know which specific plane is attacking? There is nothing to click on!

Regards,

Thomm

P.S.: Does anybody actually like the IL2 simulation?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phil stanbridge:

I love the IL-2 simulation (demo that is). Why?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I guess my computer is too weak (Celeron 466/128MB/Matrox G400), the cursor key control did not work properly (I do not have a joystick) and I did not like the graphics (watched the self-running demos with all details on, except for the terrain). Furthermore I think I am too spoiled by "God-view" games (like CM) to cram myself into a first-person cockpit.

But I am happy to read that somebody likes it!! smile.gif

Regards,

Thomm

I absolutely love IL-2. It does seem to take a fair amount of processing capability to run properly though. My system at first was a 1.2ghz Athlon with 256mb RAM and a TNT2, was horribly choppy. I've since acquired another 512mb of RAM and it runs great now. I frequently dream of the day CM graphics reach the beauty of IL-2.