Questions on Operation design

Can anybody tell me what the effect of putting two different coloured set-up regions used to limit the player’s troops to distinct regions of the map in an operation are for subsequent games. Does the pattern continue into the following games or will it revert to the main colour- giving a free choice? I.E. 60% green and 40% black zone in game 1, same again game 2 or 100% green. Is there a way to effect this?

I have a very long operations map do I have to put the defenders set-up zone right across the map or will just the area for the first map do – assuming the set-up zone will be pushed back into the next map area?

How is length of a map for one particular battle calculated on a long “attack” operations map – is the map divided up equally by the number of games in the operation?

There was a choice of reinforcement on map in the pull down menu – how does that work exactly?

Sorry didn’t explain what I meant very well at all.

1. NO effect on subsequent games (in fact, different color map zones are disregarded after Game 1).

2. The map "shifts" varying degrees based on your progress, its not divided into "hard and fast" segments.

3. The "reinforcement on the map" thing is explained very well in the manual. If that doesnt answer your question, I'm happy to answer any specific question you might have.

Frank

[ February 18, 2003, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Franko ]

Many thanks Franko - knew I was going to be told to read the manual (CDV version!! :rolleyes: )

What I meant was by one of my questions is that I have done a very long Attack operations map - in any given battle only part of it is shown to the player - what determines this? Can I alter it to get more of the map on for diffrent situations?

Originally posted by Mark Gallear:

Many thanks Franko - knew I was going to be told to read the manual (CDV version!! :rolleyes: )

What I meant was by one of my questions is that I have done a very long Attack operations map - in any given battle only part of it is shown to the player - what determines this? Can I alter it to get more of the map on for diffrent situations?

There is an operations parameter that SETS the size of the "battle map". The battle map then "shifts" along the entire map, towards the "end", as it were, in advance and attack scenarios, depending on the amount of progress the attacker makes. This "snapshot" of the entire map shifts back and forth depending on the fortunes of way. I do not think this is an alterable parameter.

Sorry!

Frank