The (Other) Unknown Soldier - Tuntematon sotilas

Chelt

I'm looking into making a series of scenarios based on the Finnish novel The Unknown Soldier (Tuntematon sotilas in Finnish), by Vainö Linna. Trouble is, I haven't got a copy of the book at the moment, and I need help with names from someone who does.

Some may consider the following a spoiler for the book. Maybe.

A good starting point, I think, would be the attempted break-out of Battalion Sarastie, after the Russian column flanks them and overruns battalion headquarters.

I remember the circumstances, the terrain, the outcome, and the key characters: Kariluoto has one company and overall command, Koskela has the other infantry company, and a few men of the machine-gun platoon join in.

I can't quite place the minor characters, though. Who of Kariluoto's and Koskela's original platoons figure in the scene? Are any other characters mentioned by name? Viirilä maybe? Who's the Regimental commander?

Can anyone help with those details?

Thanks!