.cmc and .cmb icons in Windows 98

Gents;

I am too lazy to look this one up myself, perhaps someone can provide a quick answer. Is there any way for me to design, and install, my own icon for .cmb and .cmc files?

When I am using Windows Explorer, for example, or loading files in Front Page 98 it would be nice to be able to differentiate quickly the types of files.

I am using Windows 98.

------------------

CANUCK: Clothing, Equipping and Employing the Canadian Soldier in Combat Mission

I don't have access to Win98 at the moment, but I think it goes something like this...

Open 'My Computer' (or Explorer), drop down the View menu and select Folder options. IIRC, there is a files type tab, select that and you should be able to select a file type and double click it to change the icon.

If you want to make new icons, you will need a icon editor that will allow you to make 32x32 pixel and 16x16 pixel versions of the same icon. The 32x32 would be the one you see in a folder view while the 16x16 would show up if you placed a shortcut on the Quickbar or a Startmenu.

Try tucows.com (or your favorite software download site) and look under image editing and icon editing.

Originally posted by Wolfpack:

If anyone has a decent CM icon, I'd like to know...being absolutely untalented as far as that stuff goes, I would love to get a new one.

Me too. It works like a clock, but the "United Federation Of Planets" icon I tried just doesn't cut it. wink.gif