One Peng to Pool Them All, And In the Challenge Malign Them

Hmmmm, well Lorak isn't here (may the digital Gods of War watch over him and protect him) so I suppose it's just for information purposes that I note with infinite relief that my game with CMplayer is OVER! As I predicted, the result was a foregone conclusion and the brave and invincible U.S. paras rolled over my padlocked into ridiculous and useless positions where they got slaughtered on turn one for Gawd's sake underarmed and outnumbered Germans. Not that I'm bitter.

Yeah, CMplayer played a reasonable game for someone who really didn't have any more options that I did. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when a POOR scenario design determines the outcome of the game. Not that I'm bitter.

SOME scenario designers would run the game through more than ONE playtest to be sure that LUCK didn't play too important a role but apparently Berli thought it was more important to get his name up in lights again and rushed the product to the market unfinished. Not that I'm bitter.

I'm not suggesting that ALL of Berli's scenarios are bad, not at all. This one, however, well ... it's just too bad. Not that I'm bitter.

So:

CMplayer: Locked and Loaded WIN From Turn One

Joe Shaw: Not Even a Forlorn Hope of a Win From Turn One LOSS.

Not that I'm bitter.

Joe

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen up you freaks! I realized all along this aint no friggin ladder, but I love seeing _some_ of you get your pantys in a wad. Now whether you like it or not I'm going to announce the result of my first completed game as a Squire of this goddamn pool, because the game was a hoot and sets a precedent I expect to repeat.

Scenario: Early in the Morning, by whatshisface Berli

Jackbooted Kraut Sons o' Botches: Jo Xia 34 points

Stout Mohawk-Sporting Hillbilly Paras: CMplayer 66 points

And the winner is...lil ol moi! Now shut up you in the back with your tedious groans of *who cares?* and *you don't get it*. I do get it. I always got it. I just don't care, because I fecking rock! The victory flag was in firm Allied hands at scenario completion and screenshots are available of all twelve wrecked German vehicles (which were destroyed by bazookas, rifle grenades and small arms fire)

More data:

Axis casualties: 109 KIA/WIA, 18 captured, 2 guns KO, 2 pillbox KO, _12_ vehicles KO

Allied casualties: 105 KIA/WIA, 1 captured

[edited to add that Jo's assessment of the scenario is, of course, totally off base. It is an excellently devised and well-balanced battle where skill is the only factor to influence the outcome]

[ 10-28-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Where DID this clown come from and why hasn't he been paying attention? And the winner is...lil ol moi! Now shut up you in the back with your tedious groans of *who cares?* and *you don't get it*. I do get it. I always got it. I just don't care, because I FREAKING rock! The victory flag was in firm Allied hands at scenario completion and screenshots are available of all twelve wrecked German vehicles (which were destroyed by bazookas, rifle grenades and small arms fire)<hr></blockquote> Look lad, it's a minor point but one that Madmatt is pretty insistent about, please edit your post as shown or with some approximation of it.

As to our game, I am happy that you are happy ... that you are so ecstatic about winning a game that even Peng could win speaks volumes. Oh ... and let's not FORGET to mention that eight of the vehicles were soft skins without armament. Do you NORMALLY get so excited about killing empty trucks?

Joe