problem loading scenario

I've grabbed and played scenarios from the depot in the past with no problem, yet today I've hit a snag with one and I'm looking for a wee bit of diagnostic help on what could be the problem.

Short synopsis of steps:

1. downloaded zipped scenario from depot

2. unzipped scenario into scenario directory (this btw is cmbo)

3. checked that unzipped .cmb file is in scenario directory - it is

4. started cmbo and looked for scenario in the scenario listings - read up and down the list repeatedly just to make sure i wasn't missing it

5. scenario doesn't show up in the list

6. jump in and out of game just to make sure it looks properly for the scenario - makes no diff

7. e-mail the author and come here and post looking for help

thx in advance for help

Originally posted by easytarget:

I've grabbed and played scenarios from the depot in the past with no problem, yet today I've hit a snag with one and I'm looking for a wee bit of diagnostic help on what could be the problem.

Short synopsis of steps:

1. downloaded zipped scenario from depot

2. unzipped scenario into scenario directory (this btw is cmbo)

3. checked that unzipped .cmb file is in scenario directory - it is

4. started cmbo and looked for scenario in the scenario listings - read up and down the list repeatedly just to make sure i wasn't missing it

5. scenario doesn't show up in the list

6. jump in and out of game just to make sure it looks properly for the scenario - makes no diff

7. e-mail the author and come here and post looking for help

thx in advance for help

Have you found it?

If not, try going into CMBB though the Program Files rather than using the desktop shortcut. (shrug)I don't know why, but with certain scenarios this was my only choice.

Luck,

KC

thx for the response and suggestion - i tried it and didn't make any difference - very strange

first time i've run into a scenario that just won't come up in the listing

oh well - there are plenty of other cmbo scenarios that have never been reviewed at the depot - so i'll grab some others and play'em and review'em

Hello Easy,

I'm reasonably sure that there is a limit to the number of scenarios CMBO will display on screen, no matter how many you may have in your scenarios folder. Unfortunately, I don't know what that limit is. I did a very quick forum search and didn't find anything, but you may want to search more extensively.