I see the board is back, but...

Lee

please don't tell me that all 30,000 plus posts have been lost. It will just be too painful to think of all that great info. as being lost.

Of course I don't know anything about this BBS software, but if the programmers encoded the message identifiers using signed 16-bit integers, then the wraparound point is at 32767 messages...

- Tommi

...so would that still be recoverable?

It's a relief to have it back, anyway. As I posted to c.s.i.p.g.w-h <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's as though the corner bar just closed, and I'm sitting out on the sidewalk drinking out of a paper bag, waiting for the other regulars to show up. Wretched state of affairs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This also shows the need for a rally point when the operation goes sour (Ambush 101), which should be combathq or c.s.i.p.g.w-h.

I thought maybe it was cancelled because of the spontaneously-developing CM convention in Vegas smile.gif !

Guest Thomas William Davie

I couldn't reregister with either my name that I was using, or my 'home' email address smile.gif

Nah, I'd bet money that it's backed up, and if not...oh well, **** happens unfortunately.

Tom

------------------

email address:

thodavie@videon.wave.ca

Guest Thomas William Davie

Ah, but Doug I did tell Windows 98 to remember my password. And then, when I was officially finished with the Windows 2000 beta test at work, I instakked it on my home PC. So there's my problem smile.gif

Tom

------------------

email address:

thodavie@videon.wave.ca

Can't help with the log-on, but the good news is that the threads are still out there. Somewhere.

Try searching for a topic you know will generate hits ("Maneri" for eg biggrin.gif ) and you'll see hits from the last month and year.

Bad news is you have to know what you're looking for, or what it might be aliased with, but still, its better than that they just vanished!

Regards

Jon

------------------

Ubique

[This message has been edited by JonS (edited 01-30-2000).]

• 1 year later...

Ahhh, this is a thread from the time I lost my original name of "Wehrmacht" because I tried posting when the server was down and it lost myregistration info when it tried to update my post number. At least that's what Steve or Charles said back then.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Thomas William Davie:

Ah, but Doug I did tell Windows 98 to remember my password. And then, when I was officially finished with the Windows 2000 beta test at work, I instakked it on my home PC. So there's my problem smile.gif

Tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

:eek:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tss:

Of course I don't know anything about this BBS software, but if the programmers encoded the message identifiers using signed 16-bit integers, then the wraparound point is at 32767 messages...

- Tommi<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well who doesn't know this..

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Michael emrys:

Does it mean that Thomas William Davie is God? Or if not God, then Satan?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More like Satan. Since he uses three names he is either a serial killer or a presidential assassin.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

More like Satan. Since he uses three names he is either a serial killer or a presidential assassin.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naw, everybody knows Berlichtingen is the Horned One. This Davie guy must be some kind of NSA spook...