The Twelve Step Program to the PENG Challenge!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Anyway, as to addressing Seanachai's madness, I look to Father Peng for guidance. Perhaps he has some small thoughts (the ONLY kind he has) about this issue.

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With all due respect to the Father Confessor, I think Seanachai's madness is bigger than him. I think we better find the pod before it completely hatches. Who knows who will be next. Maybe we've all been hatched and Seanachai is the last.......naaaa.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iskander:

Nothing is improved by sobriety.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

On that note I have to say that 2 beers, some smuggled percocets and a hit or two or 5 on the dummy pipe rendered such drek as the Jerky Boys movie watchable.

Of course we laughed at the jokes about 3 minutes after they were over.

Why, I remember the good old days of one month ago; two Squires, Speedbump & MrSpkr, battling on the bloody sand of the CessPool Coliseum for the insatiable blood lust of the MBT’s Kaniggets. Today, we are left with an ugly state of affairs; a marginal Squire in Mouse, two phallically obsessed SSN’s, and two drive-by wannabees.

I was promised that once I reached the exalted rank of Kanigget, I could lay back on my couch, consume grapes and mead, thumb upraised in the air deciding the fate of lowly Squires. Instead, I am forced to wade through post after post of SSN’s making “member” references with nary a challenge, let alone a battle. Joe, when was the last time Jabo! was rolled out?

What concerns me most, is that with the lack of lowly Squires and Serfs, the Junior Kaniggets among us may by forced to play SSN’s (at least if any good ones show up). And I just got the blood out of my toga yesterday…

Game Updates:

MrSpkr – While my hatred for you grows unabated, I have identified a new target for my vitriol; Berli. Who else would force me to defend with conscripts against Veteran engineers and paratroops? The frustration I feel is that I cannot wish you to a special place consisting of sulfur, heat and eternal flame, for you already reside there…

dalem – Just when I thought you were a tolerable opponent, you exhibit a sinister, evil side. With but one turn left, my overwhelmed Polish in full flight, you refuse to send the last turn. Trying to draw out the pain is a trait of the most recently discussed accursed one, not an upstanding, soon to be Minnesotan like yourself. Send the turn and put me out of my misery…

Mace – It seems Sir Mace has finished with the ale halls and sheep pens. He has decided to crest the hill in a broad attack. Unfortunately for him, I have covered the approaches with all manners of long-barreled hardware (Bauhaus stop, I am clearly discussing AT weaponry). He has successfully wasted his scout screen by trying to run “Light Tanks” up against Tigers, Panthers and Bears (Oh, my!). I would assume they are Stuarts, but they died so quick and far away, I can’t ID them…

Pawbroon – The French general (oxymoron?) continues to flail away wildly, in the night, against my front lines. He has courteously placed an entire platoon in several buildings within site of my guns, but out of site of his supporting tanks, allowing me to building bust to my heart’s content…

Speedbump

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bauhaus:

With all due respect to the Father Confessor, I think Seanachai's madness is bigger than him. I think we better find the pod before it completely hatches. Who knows who will be next. Maybe we've all been hatched and Seanachai is the last.......naaaa.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since when have I been due any respect? Watch that seditious talk there, bauhaus.

Yes, it does seem as if something must be done with unbolded while his status is questionable Seanachai. I will have to check the rules, but it just may be possible to upgrade our current contest to a double secret probation blood hamster excorcism kind of a thing where if I win something will happen and if he wins soemthing else will happen.

Unfortunately I am currently at work and do not have immediate access to the rulebook ( The boys at Bastard Press are hard at work on the on-line version but there are massive techincal difficulties with which to contend)which is in the liquor cabinet at home.

So, once I am there and have a head full of bourbon and a belly full of barbeque I will be able to better respond to this issue.

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this matter.

Peng

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: MrPeng ]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

Thank you for your patience while we resolve this matter.

Peng

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: MrPeng ]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If by "patience" you meant "disgust", then you're welcome.

Of course if Seanachai is excommunicated, burned at the stake, stoned (or whatever we do to heretics these days), the rest of his little sect will have to go as well. This includes former squires Hiram Phan, Mr. Sprinkler, and current squire Pamper Leaker (no lose there).

Berli must be having a very slow month for souls, as Dzhugashvili's Vili needed more than just luck to take out one of my Shermans (I only had three, and they're green, but remain my only chance of success), in the dark, with regular troops, without LOS, using 105mm artillery. How I managed to maneuvre the tank into the exact spot where one of his shells was due to land is beyond me. My men are fine as long as they don't have to move and the enemy doesn't shoot at them, confirming the wisdom of my original plan of action: leaving the map at speed.

I have just spent a ridiculous amount of time ensuring that there is no chance of me failing to lose against Mr Allies Can't Win Defending Against The Assault himself. My first move was to forget to fill out my entire points allocation. However, this is shaping up to be maybe my most interesting battle yet.

I think I have games against Leeo and armornut, but they seem to be MIA just now.

PawBroon is claiming all my tanks are Tigers as an excuse for the fact that so far he's losing horribly. This rune scenario is technically a defence, but it started off more like a ME (I expect PB would have done things a lot differently had he known that).

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Orginally posted by CMplayer:

Well I set up a test. A regular German Sturmkompanie on a single tile open ground island. (Yes you can pack a whole Sturmkompanie into one tile). Surrounding them on all sides are 100 bazookas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who says the outerboarders have no sense of humor?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Surrounding them on all sides are 100 bazookas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eheh.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Surrounding them on all sides are 100 bazookas.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heehee.

bwAAAHhahaahahahah. *SNORT* eheh, heh, haha. Hee. *AHEM*

Oh, it's funnier every time I read it. I'm going to buy 100 bazookas in my next QB. This is much better than the KT vs. 100 jeeps test (which was gamey crap).

Agua Perdido

[Edited because I was laughing too hard to fix the line breaks.]

[ 07-03-2001: Message edited by: Agua Perdido ]

Ahh, I think you for the answer for my movie question.

Now for a little verse:

"Reality Is a Lie"

Most people do not understand how mutable the world truly is. Most people do not realize that they hold the power to shape reality. But a few do. And they are called poolers. Poolers know that reality is a lie, or rather that any reality can be truth. The Elders of the pool believe that this forum is destined for ascension. That we can all be led to a greater relationship with reality. But others, the so-called Grogs, are less caring. They only want their truth to be the truth."

"but Lorak what does this mean?" you ask.

Did I not speak of the signs in the last thread? Did I not fullfill my duty and warn you of the wyrm that threatens all?

Yes I did. But you laughed! You ignored my warning! Now it seems we shall all pay the price of your blindness. Not only is the Forum, our world, being overrun with blathering usless facts being hurled at us by the grogs. But one of our own, an Elder has fallen prey to their tactics. Seanachai has forgotten that Reality is a Lie. The Pool was nothing, a void. We created it, filled its lungs with life, and fed it from our souls. But he has fallen. He made the mistake and listened to the grogs so called truth. Once he had partaken of the wyrm, it was only a matter of time before it begain to devour his mind.

Seanachai is in dire need of our help.

When a horse is lame, do you not bash its head in with a rock?

When a sheep is born, do we not abuse it, chop it up and boil it in its own stomach for friends?

This is what must be done. For Seanachai's sake,nay his very soul, and our pools reality lies in th balance.

Lorak the loathed

More grist for the Seanachai( quite right Peng we can't go about bolding the names of anyone who might not be who they are ... or were ... or something) mill. This from the last email I received from him ... I THINK it was him ... <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Just so you know, I am leaving next Thursday, the 5th to go to the Winnipeg Folk Festival, and won't be back until Monday the 9th. Last turns out on the 4th, and probably won't resume until Tuesday the 10th (after 4 days of camping, I'll probably be pretty tired Monday night.) <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Suspicious? I'd say so. In the first place there is NO culture in Winnipeg, even of the folk variety. Second, he's on an AMERICAN holiday in CANADA ... does he think we're stupid? In any case it looks like we have about a week to get ... THINGS ... in order before he returns, so let's be sure our HQ units have ambush markers set and our firing units have LOS ... so to speak.

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Seanachai is in dire need of our help.

When a horse is lame, do you not bash its head in with a rock?

When a sheep is born, do we not abuse it, chop it up and boil it in its own stomach for friends?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Surround him on all sides with 100 bazookas!

Agua Perdido

Greetings to all Murkins!

Here in the sun blessed land of Oz it is the 4th july, and as such I wish to congratulate you all on the anniversary of your independence.

A question though, are you glad all those big spaceships aren't hanging over your cities anymore?

Or do you miss the shade they provided?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

When a sheep is born, do we not abuse it, chop it up and boil it in its own stomach for friends?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You play your games, I'll play mine!

Mace

Phan's Phutile Game Updates

I should be ashamed of myself. I can't really remember whom I'm playing or how well I'm doing in each of my games. I'm pretty sure that I never got much better at this game, so its possible (probable even) that I'm losing each of my PBEM's. I'm playing tactical masterminds who I cannot outsmart because of my genetic disorder. I've peaked, ladies and germs. I am a WYSIWYG sort of guy. The sloping forehead and one eyebrow has decreed my fate. Each of my PBEM opponents knows this and use it to their advantage, time and again. They each have massive intellects and I know that I am as an infant to them. I sit with my pacifier & rattle and demand that I be entertained. Meanwhile, they slaughter my troops, rape the horses and ride off on the women. I was kind of hoping that if I just click go and not move my troops, then the TAC AI or the built in idiot proofing would kick in and save them. Perhaps they would do some flanky thing. My armor moves for 12 or 13 seconds and then goes up in flames. I think its because my opponent almost always has something big and loud that immolates my tanks. My troops are hourse from screaming and I've yet to find a house strong enough to hide in.

Anyhoo...I'll send my turns out soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stuka:

Or do you miss the shade they provided?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forgot to mention the extra parking space they kindly provided as well.

and yep, all you septics (septic tanks ===> yanks), happy independence day. Giving the Poms a run for their money way back when was not necessarily a bad thing, except for dumping the tea in Boston...that's.. that's barbaric!

Mace (tea drinker)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

Berli must be having a very slow month for souls, as Dzhugashvili's Vili needed more than just luck to take out one of my Shermans (I only had three, and they're green, but remain my only chance of success), in the dark, with regular troops, without LOS, using 105mm artillery. How I managed to maneuvre the tank into the exact spot where one of his shells was due to land is beyond me. My men are fine as long as they don't have to move and the enemy doesn't shoot at them, confirming the wisdom of my original plan of action: leaving the map at speed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sure that was probably the best idea.

However it's not 105mm, it's bigger than that, and it's not a gun, it's a mortar. It's just as well your Poles got their surveying gear out to figure out where that shell was going to land, 'cos that was the best anti-tank weapon I've got and it's almost out of ammo!

so thank you kind Sir!

Other than that my brave electronic boys were dying a lot but now aren't - evidently the Polish commander has been sent three-and-four-pence and is off to a dance, taking his boys with him.

In the battle of the Bulge Mrs Johnson's defences have yet to be breached....or even found.....after 12 turns of boredom.

Total casualties in this supposed-to-be-monster game amount to 1 white scout car and half a platoon for the good guys, and 1 mg bunker, a couple of mg/shrek crews, some assorted grunts and 2/3rds of a Pak 40 crew for the evil black hordes.

I'm sur eno-one will read this far , but did I see someone post a...(looks about furtively...realises no-one really gives a damn anyway and straightens up)....SMILIE in this thread????

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dame Achin':

Okay, Panther G ausf 2/L76 with face-hardened glacis and manlet armour vs. an alien spaceship in a room surrounded by 100 monkeys with 100 bazookas, who would win? And if the monkey HQ unit has a +2 morale bonus?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if "manlet armour" is what I think it is, then we all lose.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Over hill and dalem wrote:

if "manlet armour" is what I think it is,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let's see... manhole... manly... mantle... man-to-man... nope, no mention of either manlet or mantlet. But then it didn't have odiferous either, so what do I know.