scenario authors: which one you most proud of?

i have not been able to play much cm lately. but now that i got some real life things out of the way, i figured i may as well play some of the best scenarios.

so, scenario authors: which scenario that you made do you think is the best, that you're most proud of? or the one you made that is your favorite scenario at least?

I make scenarios which I like to play. Of the CMBB scenarios I have made, I guess I like to play "Danube Blues" the most, particularly Germans against the AI (I know I can always get a nail biter from that) and from the Stalingrad Pack I prefer "My City of Ruins".

jw

[ January 17, 2003, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: jwxspoon ]

Russell, you know what egomaniacs us scenario authors are, you really shouldn't egg us on like this.

How about a thread on the favourite review we've written? Or received? Stories with happy endings highlighting the positive effect constructive criticisms have.

Anyway, my fav scenarios are the ones other people make cause my favourite part is being surprised. I rarely play my own, though I am going through the second play through of Assault on Kamienka. I'm a bit disappointed no one has posted here about how to get the Germans to win in it. I think it's a balanced scenario, but very challenging for the Germans - even given the 50 turn limit. I was thinking that once I post version 1.1, maybe a contest of some sort should be started - whoever wins as the Germans in PBEM should get a prize.

But then again, Treeburst155 may be in the process of winning as we speak so I shouldn't speak too soon.

Well, I'm not one of the "name" designers here, but since I have made more than one scenario I figure I'm entitled to tell which one is my favourite ! smile.gif

For CMBO : First Blood, because I did do a lot of research, visited the place and managed by an extraordinary coup de chance to find a detailed OOB for both sides of this unknown battle, and also because the objectives are not typical. I loved this one every time I played it.

For CMBB : Protopopovka, on the CD, because there can be a lot of action going on in different sectors on this asymetric map.

Both should be played in two players mode for maximum fun. smile.gif

Originally posted by voidhawk:

Joel: where can I find your CMBO "First Blood" scenario? I did not find it under "F" at the Scenario Depot...thanks!

Oooops... actually I kept the French title, "Premier Sang", for the US version, in order to avoid any link with that atrocious Stalone's movie. :eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

So you will find it under... "P" ! smile.gif