Very odd.

Just checked into the Scenario Depot CM:BO "Lists" department and noticed that each of the two most downloaded scenarios have been downloaded a few hundred times more than the any other. Both scenarios are pretty good player v. AI battles (I've tried one, liked it; the other is highly ranked, though I have not tried it) and fairly old. One starts with a number, so it come near the beginning alphabetically.

So why is this odd, you ask?

Well it seems odd to me that people would come to the Scenario Depot to download only two scenarios - no matter how good - and then not come back to play the others (some as highly ranked than those two.) Actually, I find it unbelievable.

Can someone explain or should I just assume someone downloaded each of the scenarios a few hundred times to increase the number of downloads? :confused:

-Atlas

Look at the number of positive reviews these scenarios have generated. A healthy number of reviews tells a Depot peruser that more than the typical handful of consistent reviewers felt strongly enough about this or that scenario to spend their time posting their opinion. This generates downloads. This kind of visibility is self-perpetuating.

[ January 17, 2003, 06:48 AM: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

Club,

I see your point, but I doesn't answer my question. I know these are pretty good scenarios, but the downloads RELATIVE to other fine scenarios doesn't jive, IMHO.

Who goes to the SD JUST to download two scenarios? And if he/she did, wouldn't other scenarios get some residual (or do they really say, "Hmmmm, my harddrive is too full for any other scenarios?")

It would be an interesting study if as many people chimed in here as to their downloading habits and reasons. As a player, do you:

1) Download 1 battle/operation at a time, then play it, then download another.

2) Download several battles/operations, play a few, then download more.

3) Download every battle/operation, play them, and keep an eye out for new battles/operations and download them as they appear.

4) Other - Explain.

I have no ulterior motive behind this question other than to observe everyone's reasoning and analyze the variance in download counts.