Assault/defence scoring - Korsun relief (little or no spoiler)

RGL12

I've played it for Allied side, but probably for best results in human vs AI you should play Axis.

Anyway - question is how score is calculated. And why helding 3 of 4 flags being in defence means a draw. After all objective was to hold high ground which is exactly what I did.

======= may be little spoiler =========

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Just for refresh - its a hill covered with tall pines on one side and straight road coming to the hill across all medium map. Heavy German iron can be safely moving only on the paved surface with high risk of bogging off the road.

Allies have 2 85mm AA guns, few smaller guns and about 20 tanks (SU85, 152, T34s). Axis attacks with Tigers, Panthers and HTs. I put all allied in hide waiting for enemy get closer to ~400-500m range where my rounds will work more efficient. Main guns were set to open fire when first enemy armour will get past my ISU152s sitting hidden behind tree cover with pretty narrow "Cover armour" arcs ~500m range. Then I would move all my other tanks fwd.

All turns were basically about germans slowly moving along the road after bogging some Tigers. They've stopped ~5 meters before my traps. German infantry did not reach my forces in time (30 turns) either. I held all flags on the high ground, one flag was captured early by german squad rushing to it early in the game. I let them it to keep my units hidden. And result was draw.

Was I supposed to counter attack and kill all assault force in this scenario ?

there are 2 major flags and 2 minor ones. You may not have enough point difference to get a victory. If you didn't take out any units, the relief column would have accomplished part of its goal, opening a way to the trapped divisions.

Losses weigh into the battle as well. Last, the AI does not attack well, it is better to play the attacking side normally.

Rune