A Bone Is Thrown!

Since we're in the giving mood MadMatt, perhaps you could address the following?

Simultaneous attack/defend so that both sides have foxholes?

can tanks/heavy weapons be abandoned intentionally?

IIRC, there was going to be an experience modifier on tank behavior (e.g., vet crews rotate turrets faster). That still in?

replayable movie of entire battle?

zip/unzip within the game?

I know that absolute spotting won't be fixed until the engine rewrite, but is there anything being done to improve the situation?

Thanks for all you do MadMatt

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question for Madmatt (or anyone else who knows the answer!):

I'm extremely impressed with the scope of CMBB. I was wondering, maybe in terms of percentage, how much was research and how much was coding? Given the wild variety of forces types, especially late in the war, I would think it a herculean task to come up with accurate troop types and concentrations. Secondly, who was the poor bastard that had to read all the books and take notes! smile.gif

Thanks

Von Fauster, its hard to answer that question in terms of percentages in relation to coding time as Steve has been working on research for many months now separaretly to Charles, whom is doing the coding. Charles did have to do a lot of research early on on vehicles as well, which I helped with a little too.

What I can say is that I have had to do a *lot* of research to make sure I had the vehicle models correct, particually for the Russian tanks which can be hard to find good picutres of (anyone got a good shot of a *true* BT-*? smile.gif ). I would guess that 30-40% of building the models was devoted to research.

Dan

Dan

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Manx,

Oh, I see somebody finally rolled out of bed! :rolleyes: <hr></blockquote>

:rolleyes: After the CMMOS "episode" i needed some rest. I've been working away, but i'm back now!

p.s - to everyone who has sent me mail over the past week - i WILL be in touch.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Madmatt:

The entire wheat field is not covered with doodads. There are enough *gaps* between the new textures for them to fit in. However, if the camera is low enough, well see for yourselves.

!!!ALL TEXTURES DISPLAYED ARE STILL NOT FINALIZED!!!!

wheat.jpg

Madmatt

[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]<hr></blockquote>

In regards to the wheat doodads, will there be different heights for the different seasons of wheat? This seems like a good solution to visually understanding the reduced cover whenever the wheat is lower.