How to continue a scenario after the end?

Hello -

I've found with CMBB that time is an extremely precious commodity. Specifically, I'm finding that the offense (AI or Human) often has a very difficult time capturing ground (flags) in the time allotted by the scenario without undertaking extremely risky moves. I think that what it boils down to is that CMBB requires a lot more coordination of movement - and that takes more game time to arrange give the game mechanics.

Based on my experience with CMBB, I'm finding that I often need 10-30% more time than typically allotted by the designer. Sometimes a portion of that can come via the "variable end" feature. Perhaps I just play to cautiously or I'm not skilled at setting up a covered advance.

I also find that I have to really pad the time for any off-road AFV movement. I don't dare have my AFV's use FAST MOVE when setting up off-road in CMBB. I've lost too many to bog-immobile that way.

Anyway, I read that there is a way to "extend" a scenario past the normal end by using the editor. I've tried doing this to no avail. I can't seem to get the last game turn to load up into the editor.

Can some kind soul explain how to extend the end of a game using the Editor (and if it's really possible to do this, of course)?

Thank you very much...

[ January 12, 2003, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Sitting Duck ]

Originally posted by Sitting Duck:

I see. I just seem to remember reading about a way to do this. Importing the map or something?

Thanks anyway...I'll give it that a try.

You can import your saved AAR file into a new QB, and 'Import Troops? Yes!' Their ammo will all be replenished, the dead armor will still be around... Not quite 'continuing' that battle the way you mean it, though... More like attacking the same force at Dawn, or something.

Eden