Your contribution to CM

LGMB

Soldiers,

For example: I'm the auther of several unpopular mods, and senerios. I'm the guy who convinced people that snowy winter mods, looked better then camoed winter mods. I'm poster 2001 on the ORIGINAL Peng thread....

I can't think of anything else.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Lord General MB ]</p>

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm at least partly responsible for the change in how infantry reacts to being in a damaged building. In the past, they would chain themselves to the walls as a Sherman tank slowly pummeled it to death until the entire structure came crashing down upon their heads. The result: one seriously mangled infantry squad.

I (and some others) lobbied for the infantry to react to the damage to the buildings and run out to seek cover when they felt they were in danger. Even though we went up against some serious grog resistance, we eventually won out and I think mostly everyone now thinks it's for the better.

I'm presently looking for my next great cause...

:cool:

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by panzerwerfer42:

I've irritated and exasperated most of the people on this board.<hr></blockquote>

i seem to fall into this category as well, combined with the awsome might of in-proper punctuation, i feel that i am an intricate part of the well oiled machine that is this messege board tongue.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

I (and some others) lobbied for the infantry to react to the damage to the buildings and run out to seek cover when they felt they were in danger. <hr></blockquote>

But if they're really tough infantry and are high on amphetimines like the red berets in Arnhem they should just kind of ride out the collapse, surfing down on the avalanche of beams and masonry, and come to a dusty halt in their new rubbly fighting position, brens ablazing.

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: CMplayer ]</p>

I made a gawd-muther-huge scenario depicting Omaha beach. It's more an object history lesson than a playable scenario, but at least people loved the map. I made a conscious decision to make it large enough so that people could see how infantry infiltrated between Vierville and Les Moulins draws. I was also one of the first proponents of trenches, a command and control system similar to infantry for tanks, and sewers for CMBB(back in my Scurlock, and EScurlock "two of two" days). I also inspired the headline for one of the first reveiws of CM with my old sig: "He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins". Unfortunately those are my most significant contributions.

Gyrene, don't act so humble about it, you made the first and best High res train tracks! Post a link so all can see!

(Oh and by the way, as far as contributions, the cmhq chatroom was my idea. I told GladMatt as he was known then to do it. He bitched and moaned, but finally got around to it.)