von Lauchert

Was this supposed to be a real scenario or is it just a gunnery test?

Spoiler alert....

I suffered no losses and no Soviet unit got within 1000 meters of the VLs. My only worry was that I would run out of rounds. It seems to be a feel good scenario for the Germans and a no win for the Soviets (I am now going to play it from the Soviet side so I'll let you know). If the situation was really this lopsided then the Germans would have won with about 100 Panthers.

[ January 06, 2003, 05:21 AM: Message edited by: Sgtgoody ]

I had exactly the same experience with "Von Lauchert", and also had a walk-over playing the Germans against AI in the "Magneuzew Bridgehead" operation. I quit after the third game because there was no Russian opposition to speak of left. Is it just my perception or do others feel that the AI in CMBB seems not be be as good as in CCBO? I have had several instances of the AI unable to manage large numbers of armored units in any coherent fashion. They end up playing bumper cars with each other. Put a bridge into the scenario and the AI becomes completely confused.