HO HO HO! Here comes Peng with his bag full of Challenges!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Iskander:

I am far from home and I am alone here.

But -- I've got a 'net connexion, so I've got y'all...

Merry Christmas, you sorry bunch of bastards; merry Christmas, my friends.<hr></blockquote>

Merry Christmas to you too, Ike, and to all the other cheery little buggers on this thread. Can you get your laundry done in China, Clayton?

Now I've spent Christmas and several days more trying to get CM running on my new computer. Can one of you tech gits have a look on the Tech forum and help me out.

Otherwise, you might not see me here anymore. Wouldn't that be an awful way to start the new year?

Hehehe....

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lawyer:

Merry Christmas to you too, Ike, and to all the other cheery little buggers on this thread. Can you get your laundry done in China, Clayton?

Now I've spent Christmas and several days more trying to get CM running on my new computer. Can one of you tech gits have a look on the Tech forum and help me out.

Otherwise, you might not see me here anymore. Wouldn't that be an awful way to start the new year?

Hehehe....<hr></blockquote>A likely story Lawyer, no sooner do I toss down the gauntlet than you suddenly have problems and ... golly gee ain't it a shame but I MAY not be able to play CM anymore and MAY just have to bow out of the forum too ... dadgumit.

You must think we're pretty stupid ... {please consider this opening my Christmas present to you Lawyer}

Joe

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Andreas:

there is a special place in hell for those who have BBQs on Christmas or New Year.<hr></blockquote>

What about being in the swimming pool at 5.45am christmas morn followed by the prezzy thing, then off to a wizzo 5-star seafood lunch (verry snazzy, what with ice sculptures and all the oysters/prawns/crab/crayfish/moreton bay bugs in endless supply) then back to the pool to wallow in ones own overindulgence while warding off the 37 degree celcius heat with more beer. Is that OK?

BTW, Andreas the beer was Goormon imported 'Bitburger' in your honour.

As such I found it flat and uninteresting.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Patch:

but I do have proof for all to see, that you are a bleeding Pommie.

<hr></blockquote>

Calling an Aussie a Pom...tsk tsk!

Patch really wears the pants in ol' BeezleBerli's household, I reckon.

Mace

Btw

What I did for my Christmas, and why it sucked - by Mace.

No Computer, ergo no CMBO.

At least there was beer, and a nice Chrissy roast, Christmas pud with white brandy sauce, and family, and friends (these ones are two legged and don't bleat), and singing (mainly a medly of AC/DC and Cold Chisel songs), and lotsa driving (Aussie chrismas = lotsa driving).

Still good to be back home and in contact with my collegues.

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Dear Mr. Sedai,

Are we doing pregame festivities?

Love,

Elvis<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, the standard whooping it up and circle jerk should be sufficient Elvis. You lads better party hardy since New York is likely to be your swan song this year. Oh sure, Philly might just scrape into the playoffs due to the fact that they are in the NFC East (the whole lot of which should be written off and replaced with promising peewee league contenders), but when they start playing real teams they are sure to get their arse handed to them make no mistake {cough cough San Fran cough cough}.

The fact is, Philly has two chances against San Fran, Saint Louis, Green Bay or Chicago in the playoffs – slim and none and slim just left town.

That’ll teach em to soil the cess with their gridiron talk, eh?

Now, FYI South Africa is 1/24 during a rain delay of the Boxing Day test. The Australians are highly likely to win what many are calling this year’s World Cup match.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> LawyerCan one of you tech gits have a look on the Tech forum and help me out.<hr></blockquote>

No worries mate, got ya all sorted. What you do see, is pack that whole load of ****e back up in the cartons it came in, take it back to the store where it came from, thrust it at the pimply propellor head who’s standing there giving you the trout look and say in a clear and strong voice, “I’d like a Mac please, preferably a dual G4 tower with a 21 inch monitor.” Then ya take it home, right. Put it on the desk, connect the cables in where they obviously go, plug in your CM CD and you are off and running before you can say, “Bill Gates is a sodding useless pillock”.

No thanks necessary. Always interested in helping out the technologically disadvantaged.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Stukes:

Dear Tosser,

That file was returned to you at 1045am (local).<hr></blockquote>

Careful there mate. Timestamping those babies is coming dangerously close to numbering them, and that might just cause Elvis’ head to implode, if my little dissertation above hasn’t already done the trick.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> Patch really wears the pants in ol' BeezleBerli's household, I reckon. <hr></blockquote>

I told you she was a nasty piece of work didn’t I? Notice how she made me the one who’s lightest in the loafers too. But, careful who you go bolding there, Mace. (wet)Patch hasn’t earned her stripes yet, although I fear she has a bile gland with capacity nearly unbounded and obvious access to all the right technology. We has our eye on her, yesss we do.

Dear Goanna,

Thank you for your upside rendering of American Football. While what you say may be true, always remember the on any given Sunday......Aaawwww that's crap and I know it...Why do I continue to torture myself....WHY WHY WHY WHY!?!?!???....I feel much better now.

Love,

Elvis

PS Retaining emails is much more efficient than numbering turn files but I am not in the mood to get into it at this time.

Oh, so Goanna has studied American football. How so very special. Pardon me as I yawn with anticipation as he imparts his brand of wisdom. Another opinion on how Philly will do? I'll file that with all of the other bonehead simperings I hear. Making Elvis cry is just plain mean. I expected as much though. Somebody probably pooped in the lizard's stocking. (or should)

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Hiram Sedai ]</p>

Just heard that all of Australia's on fire.

I just knew that Mace was a flamer.

**Please excuse the utter lame-iosity of the above taunt. Work has devoured my will to think freely.

In game news, I am routing Here I Am, Shoot Me's forces on the map The Crossroads. Like the Philadelphia Eagles in the playoffs, everyone's laying on the ground covering their heads and whimpering for their mamas. I did however hear that Eric Lindros was being traded to the Eagles because they needed some toughness on the team.

In other news...

There is no other news.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Goanna:

But, careful who you go bolding there, Mace. (wet)Patch hasn’t earned her stripes yet,<hr></blockquote>

So, you say I haven't earned my stripes yet? I guess I will continue in my quest to desecrate the photos of every single bacteria that lives in the Cesspool. I consider all of my pictorial attacks as victories...but I am not yet finished with you, Unterlizard. Barbie-qued goanna is quite a delicacy down here...and since you live down under, you are not very far from the Underworld.

Persephone

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Patch ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Croda:

**Please excuse the utter lame-iosity of the above taunt. I should be bludgeoned by old people by their canes. There is no other news.<hr></blockquote>

Croda, you feebleminded little girl. A wussyboy little twit like you wouldn’t know diddly about football if your dad actually spent the time to teach you how to be a man. You were too busy with your barbie dream house and tea time with your imaginary friends as a child to fit in with the other kids. I hope you got the petticoat you had your eye on this Christmas. We expect your taunts to be lame because you are lame. You can threaten to ball your eyes out and go home now. Now, go and apologize to your town for being such a girly boy.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Stuka:

Why are there non-Cesspoolers wandering around the 'pool gayly chatting to each other as though they actually belong here?<hr></blockquote>

*Stomp*

Grab the Mortein *stomp*, mate!

That'll *stomp* get rid of the little buggers!

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Croda:

**Please excuse the utter lame-iosity of the above taunt. Work has devoured my will to think freely.<hr></blockquote>

Since the *ahem* taunt was directed my way, I think I'll respond:

YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN!!!

I'VE SEEN SSNs TAUNT BETTER THAN THAT.

THEN YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO SAY "PLEASE EXCUSE THE UTTER LAME-IOSITY OF THE ABOVE TAUNT"!!! NEXT THING YOU'LL BE SEEKING FORGIVENESS FOR BEING BORN!!!

NOW GO OUT THE DOOR, COME BACK IN AND TAUNT LIKE THE PROFESSIONAL YOU ARE. QUICKLY NOW, BEFORE THE JUSTICAR CATCHES YOU AND REVOKES YOUR STANDING!!!

Mace

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> But, careful who you go bolding there, Mace. (wet)Patch hasn’t earned her stripes yet <hr></blockquote>

Not earned her stripes yet!!!!

Well that can only be an oversight, or maybe the fact that Lorak isn't here has delayed things.

I mean lets face it PATCH was BOLDED right from her first post.

The Gnome pic of Seanacoochie was just so damn funny, (sorry Steve) but it is so like the Gnome I have at the bottom of my garden.(He used to be nameless but I now refer to him as Pembelito )

Yep, as far as i'm concerned Patch has more than earned her Boldness.

So fix it, or do somefink.

:D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YK2:

Not earned her stripes yet!!!!

Well that can only be an oversight, or maybe the fact that Lorak isn't here has delayed things.

I mean lets face it PATCH was BOLDED right from her first post. The Gnome pic of Seanacoochie was just so damn funny, (sorry Steve) but it is so like the Gnome I have at the bottom of my garden.(He used to be nameless but I now refer to him as Pembelito )

Yep, as far as i'm concerned Patch has more than earned her Boldness.

So fix it, or do somefink.

:D <hr></blockquote>Now, now Dame YK2, as the Lady of the Pool you must understand that there are forms to follow here ... not to mention forms to be filled out. Bolding and spelling someone's name isn't to be done lightly you know.

Actually though, and come to think of it ... while I have firmly established rules about when and who, I don't recall that there has ever been a CessPool requirement on the above. In fact I, wearing my spiffy Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread hat, have made it clear that I consider it a personal decision.

Therefore, bold or not as you see fit ... unless it's an SSN, I mean that's just not ... right, is it.

And speaking of SSNs, one DOES wish that Lard Generic EMBEE would cease talking to his imaginary friends here.

Joe

Oh my lord.

Football has once again reared its ugly head in the cesspool. What makes this even harder to digest is that it is dealing with crap like the eagles and giants.

Both teams suck. They have no offense, thier defenses are on the field way to long, I look for this game to be as boring as the Dallas Washington monday nighter (2 other NFLeast teams).

Whole game comes down to two players, Barber and Duce.

I give the edge to the eagles 14-10.

What really surprises me is this. I gathered from yinz inept post here in the pool that you guys were idiots. I was willing to let that pass as a internet fancy. But now seeing you guys like the eagles, proves that while sad, you do carry over your stupidity into real life.

Cest Bon

"You don't have to be from the Burgh, to be forged in steel!"

Here we go Steelers! Here we go!

nationanim2.gif

[ 12-26-2001: Message edited by: Cest bon ]</p>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Fraser is absolutely the best. The Flashman series is, of course, his best known but don't overlook the "McAuslan" series of short stories. It's roughly based upon his service in North Africa with a Highland Regiment and is GREAT. AND he does a Scot accent better than OGSF.

Now go back to your maps and OOBs and ... stuff.

Joe<hr></blockquote>

I have said it before, but most of you are so half-witted and/or drunk that it bears repeating: OGSF is the Poor Man's McAuslan.

Now, one should also not ignore George MacDonald Fraser's historical writings (as he is, by calling, an historian). Check out 'Steel Bonnets', long out of print, and recently released in a decent trade paperback version.

For those who can barely handle the written word, but like amusing dialogue and pictures, the movie pair "The Three Musketeers" and the "Four Musketeers" (not the latest string of abominations in this genre, but originally released back in the 70s); the screenplay for these two was written by MacDonald Fraser.

I'm not caught up, I owe everyone turns, I had a lovely Christmas, and I hope that most of you caught nothing more over the Holidays than can be cured with a few extremely painful injections of inordinately expensive antibiotics.

Must run, as I owe everyone turns, and I'm not caught up.