Death Ride of the 424 ***SPOILER***

Guest Sgt. Emren

I managed a tactical win (Just barely!) - I gave the AI +1 experience. The time constraint is the key limitation. I killed all but 1 IS-2 for a loss of 2 KTs, by using bounding overwatch by platoon, with judicious use of fast, hunt cmds & cover arcs. I stayed on the roads due to possible bogging. The key was teamwork - my bounding platoons were 2 tanks abreast with 1 or 2 tanks tailgating them, thus at least 2 to 4 bounding KTs were able to shoot on sight in addition to my overwatch units. Given the KT's much higher rate-of-fire my KTs were able to smother the any visable IS-2s with a 88 fire.

SPOILER....

This was a fun battle that I played as the germans against the AI a couple days ago. I won a tactical victory, as I did not have enough time to take the flag. However, I did manage to kill every Soviet Tank and all but two of the anti-tank guns (which were on the ridge)

I lost three King Tigers, all to anti-tank fire. I found for me that I basically split my Tigers immediately into two groups to go and flank the town. I knew that time wasn't on my side. (Or the speed of the Royal Tiger) I then used re-inforcements to storm and hunt variously the town. My flanking group that took the house and dirt road were particullary successful in protecting others and killing IS-2's......alot of fun and very tense.

Jeff

• 4 months later...

I would like to see some replays of these people that only lost a couple KT.

Especially, how do you over bound 4 tanks on a street that holds 2 or 3 wide?

How do your tanks on over watch see the IS's that are set up on the side of a building pointing at your flank? (The KT comes into its view, how do the other KT's see this IS?)

How do you survive the initial fire from the IS's on your flank?

My experience is that the AI gets hits about 90% of the time with its first shot. (The scenario with the Tigers and Panthers versus the IS2's and T34/85's showed the AI getting first shot hits as the Russians 17 of 19 times, my Tigers and Panthers ran 15 of 28 times (53%).

I also played this scenario and found the same thing.

I see some help in setting arcs (1 left, 1 center and 1 right?).