Scenario Manager ?

The MOD Manager is a big favorite of mine. With all the options available, it's just about the only way I can manage 'em.

What about a Scenario Manager? The thing is, once I get the game all set up with British or Canadian MODs, it would be nice to have all the relevant scenarios in a folder.

I guess I could go in and re-name 'em, but if one of you code writers out there could come up with a solution, it'd be great.

Well if we're starting a symposium on scenario manager features, here's my .02

I'd like to see these features:

The ability to read the general briefing from the manager.

The ability to preview screenshots of the scenario or other images (recon for FTC scenarios and such).

Displays of the relevant info (the author, readers' digest briefing, version, etc.)

The ability to install/uninstall at will any scenario specific mods that are to be used with the scenario for aesthetic purposes.

[ 06-30-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

Said App should also be able to manage Mods and PBEM files and should be ready to download in V1.0 form by this time next week.

p.s - don't forget that it should also be able to playback the FULL MOVIE of any CM battles.

Wow ... thats more responses than I figured!

OK ... so we are looking for a super manager ... no problem. All suggestions look ok so far including the PBEM features.

How about a comment/strategy/notes area? Search functions? Full zip capabilities? I have not done any PBEM games yet but Im sure we could work in a full set of features for that ... any suggestions? We want to move mods in and out without loosing them ... Ill toss a database on the backend then. Zipping the mods/scenarios/etc and storing them for easy retrieval wont be a problem. Do we want a web componant?

I have created a similar manager for Steel Panthers in the past ... the file structure and architecture for CM look fairly straight forward ... shouldnt be to much of a problem.

Keep the suggestions coming ... no promises on when it will be ready for alpha, I still got to work to feed the kids. Darn little buggers eat to much ;P

Talon