The Newbie Tournaments

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by YankeeDog:

Well, Zitadelle and I have had an interesting one so far. . . only into turn 4 right now, and I don't want to give anything away, but there's at least one incident so far that I think will pop a few eyeballs, even among the more experienced members of this board. :eek: I'll be interested to get some of the oldtimers' perspective on it. . .

I'll post details as soon as everyone is done with battle 1. . .<hr></blockquote>

YD,

Maybe you could send me an email at tedquincey@yahoo.com . smile.gif

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Vader's Jester:

Sheesh! There is not much left of either of our forces! And he got my Comp. headquarters to boot! Still, I now know things are in my advantage at this point.

MMuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh, hhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, hhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! :eek: <hr></blockquote>

VJ,

It's "He who laughs last..." not "He who laughs longest..." :D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Zitadelle:

Yeah, YankeeDog is correct. An early surprise in our battle. Intell has it that there are quite a few dead deer in the woods; some with Sten SMGs and others with MP40s. The AARs for this battle will be great reading!

For all the Newbie Rejects- hurry up and get your questionaires into SuperTed. This battle is really worth it!<hr></blockquote>

Zitadelle,

*sniff* I'm so happy you like it I think I'm gonna cry... smile.gif

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sir Uber General:

Dont know if this was mentioned before - when do the newbie rejects kick off?<hr></blockquote>

SUG,

The deadline for the completed questionnaires is Wednesday, December 12 at 12:00 pm (GMT -6:00). So far, there are 16. If we get 20 before the deadline, we'll start early.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Walker:

This Harrison-Walker non-battle reminds me of Jutland, where I was second gunner's mate on HMS Black Prince and we spent the whole night searching for the German fleet and ended up crossing its T at the wrong end in complete darkness and both sides claimed victory after the 'battle'.

:D

Chris Walker, still determined to locate a Pole.<hr></blockquote>

this reminds me of that time we were painballing and we didnt find each other for an hour in the woods.

i told you chris, go towards the campfires. we have a warm welcome for you smile.gif

stilllostinthewoods chad 'harrison'

I just have to say,

This is the most fun i've had playing a computer game in ages. All my thanks and praise to BTS for the most amazing game ever, and everyone else who is part of the community. Everyone i have talked to is really cool. By far and away the best web community i could hope to find or be a part of!

THANKS EVERYONE!!

:D

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Lord Dragon:

Yep,

I give you props my friend, nicely done! You must admit that one could have easily gone either way. It was insanely tense and up in the air til the very end.

SuperTed,

Thanks! That rocked!<hr></blockquote>

LD,

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the "warm-up" scenario. ;)

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by SuperTed:

Maybe I could get something going for the "Not-Newbies But Really Suck" Tournament...<hr></blockquote>

I hope you were not just teasing when you put this out ST. I certainly fit the description and would love to play. Please keep me in mind.

Over

Hmm... It sure is easy to miss enemy forces in a forest if its dark (or even if its not). I know for a fact that you can "sneak" through an enemy platoon in a dense forest without nobody noticing anything before they come to some 15 meters or closer, so there... But still... Where ARE THEY?!? I'm soon going to start making noice just to make the enemy find me!*

*No I won't...